Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Hans

Hans
Tppskid wrote:
Why are people like Van, Psp, Dallas, Sky, etc... Not a very high rank?
I believe they should be the high ranked ones as they are the most responsible.
=/
No.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

52Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Tppskid wrote:
Whats the point?
Seriously.

he is raising very valid points, maybe you should listen to him for once.

Well the point is that his valid points contradicts and wouldn't mean anything, just like an oxymoron.

53Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I'm pretty sure that a lot of the people who joined during the Jagex newspost craze were just there for the party and forgot to leave afterwards. Also, I think that some of our more obnoxious members joined as a result of the newspost.

54Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Tppskid

Tppskid
Warillusen wrote:
Tppskid wrote:
Whats the point?
Seriously.

he is raising very valid points, maybe you should listen to him for once.

Well the point is that his valid points contradicts and wouldn't mean anything, just like an oxymoron.

They may, but that does not mean you cant take into account what he is saying.
Just because they seem like oxymoron's doesn't mean they are to him, so...
Yeah.

I'm not here start fights.

http://www.rsglobalchat.forumotion.net

55Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 pm

sky

sky
Am I just an obnoxious member?! Sad I joined from the Jagex News post, but did not make it to the party. Regardless, I hope that is honestly not the way I am viewed by you (or others) Invis.

-sky Laughing

56Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm

невидимый

невидимый
sky wrote:Am I just an obnoxious member?! Sad I joined from the Jagex News post, but did not make it to the party. Regardless, I hope that is honestly not the way I am viewed by you (or others) Invis.

-sky Laughing

I didn't mean you, Sky. I didn't say everyone that stayed was obnoxious.
Also, about the keeping what goes on in Vent in Vent I must disagree with that. Most of the stuff that seems offensive in Vent originates from the chat anyway.
All I see is people who don't come into the chat all that often giving their ideas on what we should do. (And no, before you suggest I'm meaning you Sky, I am not.) Although that doesn't mean some of the issues aren't valid.

57Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Tppskid wrote:
They may, but that does not mean you cant take into account what he is saying.
Just because they seem like oxymoron's doesn't mean they are to him, so...
Yeah.

I'm not here start fights.

I take account what he is saying then say the opposite of what he is trying to get across.

That is what contradicting means, you just can't do it because it means nothing.

58Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:43 am

Owen

Owen
Psp Trusz wrote:Owen I understand your concerns for the chat but bringing up a topic like the atmosphere not being welcoming enough because of certain players wasn't a good idea. Surely it's not the whole chat that makes it like this, otherwise the chat wouldn't have anyone else. You must have people in mind and should talk to those people privately.

It's not just that, it's everything. If you want an example, look at my MEP thread, look at the arguments, the discouragement that goes onto that thread, take yourself away from the chat for a second, and just focus on that. It's stupid. That's not the first time that has happened either. I might have some screenshots, but I'm not going to post them, I will show them to the individuals. It's not just ONE person though, it's the majority of people.

You may remember a while ago, I told everyone in the chat to be welcoming, then.. as a "joke" or whatever, people decided to take it wayyyyyy over the top saying like..

Hello. How are you today? How was your day? What are you doing at the moment? Ect.

I don't know if this seems sudden, but i've made this topic like 3 times before now.

Oh, and respect other peoples views.

(might edit this later, gotta go out)

59Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 am

sky

sky
Invisible349 wrote:I didn't mean you, Sky. I didn't say everyone that stayed was obnoxious.
Also, about the keeping what goes on in Vent in Vent I must disagree with that. Most of the stuff that seems offensive in Vent originates from the chat anyway.
All I see is people who don't come into the chat all that often giving their ideas on what we should do. (And no, before you suggest I'm meaning you Sky, I am not.) Although that doesn't mean some of the issues aren't valid.

Fair enough, it just seemed directed at first. It can be easy to misconstrue a message over the forums at times. Also, valid points.

-sky Laughing

60Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Bray

Bray
@psp,
There is a fair few people that do go to global chat, don't always talk, but somewhat talk to specific members of the chat. That is still reasonable to stay within a chat, yes?
Yes they could always just Pm Someone, but if there is more than just one specific person online they want to talk to its much easier within a chat.

Why not ask them to join another chat/your cc etc.? Simple they may want to stay within Global since they get along with majority of GC or all of GC.

I may seem im going against myself but its for valid reasons, more to the fact to not be flamed by others so yeah. and since I seem to be the perfect example of doing wrong in the chat according to those whom pretty much hate or claim to 'dislike' so eh.
Also no one needs to change to generally change to accept or welcome someone, its called growing the fuck up and creating a better community.

and on my last paragraph of my other post, There are people within Global that ignore others and talk to the ones they get along with and so forth.

Not really all that hard to be welcoming to someone new to the chat.

All of this somewhat may not be a big problem now, but its more to do with in months maybe years, the chat will take a down hill moment for quite sometime.

yes...Yes I did wind up finding that the best way to demand a maccas run from you ;D

61Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Can't we just do what we always did but find people to replace those who will supposedly quit eventually? Because doing that seems to be working fine. Oh and today we had many more people than usual, though most of them were trolls that I had to kick. Laughing

62Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Agreed, We can't force people to change the way they act but we can persuade them. What you lot are saying about the majority of people that enter the chat are trolls is maybe correct but you can influence them.

For example, Gas station was a pretty bad troll when he first came but he talked to me that he wanted people in global to talk back to him and treat him like a normal person so I told him that maybe cutting down on the amount of trolling and stuff and joining in with conversations and such would possibly get people to treat you a little better and he has calmed down since.

There is no reason why we can't advertise out to the RuneScape community more. If I have proved that you can deal with some trolls and persuade them to be sensible in the clan chat then I am sure it is possible for others to do it.

Those of us that are star ranks and are moaning about all the trolls really don't have an excuse. We accepted our star ranks and are supposed to use them. Not just by kicking but by also inviting people in, being helpful and friendly to those in the chat. I don't seem to see a lot of that anymore. If those star ranks that are moaning are fed up of kicking the trolls then I suggest you ask for your kicking privileges to be removed so that you cant get fed up.

In the last few days I have also come to the conclusion that some of the ranks in the chat seem to think they are better than non-ranks. By this I mean the ranks telling the others to shut up and such. This is not the environment we should be creating and it would be greatly appreciated if people would start treating others the same way they want to be treated themselves. And don't even try to give the bullshit excuse of that you don't care how your treated therefore you feel you can treat others like shit because thats not acceptable.

I've said this way too many times and I'll say this again. Global Chat is more than likely going to reach a point in the future where it collapses and closes because those that care about the chat will give up hope.

63Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 am

Hans

Hans
Bray I don't see how any of that was '@' me. In the first 2 paragraphs anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

64Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:36 am

sky

sky
Well said V, I think this is what Owen has been trying to point out all along.

-sky Laughing

65Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
I don't even see the

"I am better than you" from star ranks often.

66Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:21 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I can't reason with people that troll mercilessly. Even Decoro's a big troll who preys upon people in the chat and then there's a massive free for all with people taking sides.

67Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
If you can't reason with people like that Invis that are trolling then they need to be removed from the chat if they are causing distruption.

War, it is not literally "I am better than everyone else" but its more like the ranks thinking that the rules don't apply to them because they are ranked and generally ignoring/being rude to non ranks.

68Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I don't see that happening either.

69Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 am

sky

sky
Regardless of if it happens or not, V is right and totally justified bringing it up in this thread.

Personally I have seen it happen only a few times (not pointing fingers) with people who are being disruptive in the chat. Although it may seem more acceptable in a situation such as that I personally think a better course of action would be to PM the disruptor and warn them. If it continues than a nice clean kick from the chat would suffice, without the need to be rude openly in the chat.

We should all lead by example, ranked or not.

-sky Laughing

70Chat Issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat Issues. Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:03 am

Owen

Owen
Well, I've decided I want to lock this thread, so please don't post here anymore.

Just to clear a few things up, I am not saying "OMG OMG OMG EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE@", I have seen a few people being unreasonable with what I am saying, and well.. All I can say to them is.. Re-read everything I have wrote, I am trying to preserve and keep what we have in global, and save it for the future. If you think "this thread will end global", Well, No.. It won't. Thankfully, we can have freedom of speech, and not a (wants to say Cyrus dicatorship just for a laugh..) but, you get what I mean, it's here for discussion. However, it has been a few weeks now, everyone has had a chance to vent their views, people who disagree probably will stop speaking to me, but well.. I don't care, if people can't take other peoples views into consideration, I personally don't want to speak to them anyway.

Anyway.. that went slightly off-topic, Maybe I can suggest we have some sort of meeting, I don't mind who attends, I personally think a meeting-at a set time, where everyone can attend might be a nice idea. I guess if Phenix reads this (or if I see him online), we can come to some-sort of arrangement, and inform people of the time/date/location.

-Locked-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum