Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1RuneScape is coming to an end Empty RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Hans

Hans
It's sad but it had to happen eventually.
Jagex are doing everything they said they wouldn't. They had valid points and argued strongly about the stuff they wouldn't do, and now they're doing it.
*Free Trade
*Wildy
*No Chat Filter
*Bonus xp (practically giving away xp)
*Skills get easier every month
*and now, Voice Chat
They've said so many times they wouldn't be able to do voice chat because of the many problems it would cause..
Well if they do add this feature, they better increase the ignore list 10x.

Don't be surprised if they start selling gold or in-game items soon.

EDIT: oh, and voice chat is possibly going to cost money. seems like that's all they care about these days.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

2RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 pm

NickVo

NickVo
:c

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

3RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Green

Green
'tis true. Jagex is using everything they have as a last resort, they know the game is dying.

4RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

sky

sky
Yes Jagex has said those things. However, to be competitive in a market that once was merely Runescape, to a lesser extent, and Everquest, you need to add in features that people see as standards. Jagex has other companies turning out MMORPG styled games left and right and they all offer features like voice chat, bonus xp, and no profanity filter. (Sadly an RPG is very time consuming and playing more than 1 at a time is difficult, this makes competition even fiercer for developers.)

If Jagex didn't make these changes they would lose a lot of people. RuneScape has very much been deemed a children's game due to it lack of freedom in chat. They had good reason, but they have seen from other companies that PG content is still possible while allowing such freedoms. Given parental controls, and age restrictions.

I support there decisions as it may hopefully bring RuneScape up to par with what is now seemingly standard in a lot of other similar styled games.

-sky Laughing

5RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Runescape was more of an adulty game with the profanity filter, the children are who complained about the censors.
I think most of us who are to say 16+ were fine with the filter being there and not an option.

I think it is nearing to the end.

6RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Dialga

Dialga
I looked into it a bit, and since Feb 1st there have been 0 accounts banned due to RWT.

Some RWT deals have sold 10b+ at one time to a single person doing 5, 2b trades. They are still active and have not even received a warning. Perhaps Jagex is just stating that it's against the rules in order to scare people off and discourage it instead of banning people for it. After all, the sellers of the GP are often multiple member account paying people and believe it or not, most (95%+) of the money they sell is legit.

7RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Either that, or they're planning to 'finish' it, i.e. cut off all updates cold turkey, tie off quests etc. and just move on, using their money on other projects that will continue growing (since Runescape seems to have hit it's limit at that).

8RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Dialga

Dialga
Dug around some more.

Check this out

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Is that the Wildy Wall one?

10RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:08 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
No war, that happens daily. What happens is JAGEX will update the cache stored on your computer for various reasons and you can't say no pretty much because when you create an account its in the terms and conditions.

They change the cache more frequently now and it causes problems with how the bots are coded because they refer directly to the cache to do certain processes. Obviously the bots makers are aware how often the cache changes and will set the bot program to check for an update everyday at a rough time when the cache has been updated and messed with so the bots can continue to run.

If you use Swift Kit they do a similar thing. When you login it will check for various updates to cache's and stuff because of various updates to parts of their server and also on the RuneScape server.

I am not in favour of them running a Voice Chat although I did mention that I sometimes used one. The price is not a problem, its the ability to deal with trolls and such. If your on Zybez Ventrilo, there is generally someone around who can kick people and the community is small but if you expanded that for the whole of RuneScape, thats a lot of account and maybe not enough people with right to kick. We also don't know how you would log into it and who would have kicking rights, How would they show who was a P Mod and who wasn't? or would regulars get the opportunity to have kicking rights and stuff. It's just too complicated for them to use right now. Maybe if they integrated Voice Chat into the upcoming FourthScape after Stellar Dawn but not now, it just wouldn't work.

I do feel that RuneScape is going down hill lately but I'm holding out that they said this year would have a lot of really good updates that were overdue and there would be something for everyone this year. I'm hoping they can cover up the Free Trade and the Wilderness with other updates that might draw people away from PKing and just leave a small minority.

With regards to the bots. I have reported a good dozen or so sites in the last two weeks on the "Report Scam Websites V2" thread on the RuneScape Forums and all of those have been around for ages. I'm really hoping that they are realising what are the big contenders of RWT and start taking action. Yeah...Fine...Taking legal action will cost JAGEX money which they will lose and then lose more to the lower number of bots but most big websites offer RWT for most MMO's so its in their interest to take action first.

Dallas, Mind telling me your source for the fact that 0 accounts have been banned due to RWT? Because atm, I would possibly put that number at a single digit between 1-9 rather than 0 >.<

11RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 am

Dialga

Dialga
I'm friends with the Smokin Mils leader, a man who runs a RWT taxed company and has the resources to find such statistics.

12RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Well, they say that there are good updates every year. They've been saying that since 2006

And 1-9 and 0 aren't that great numbers either way.

13RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 am

NickVo

NickVo
Don't go.

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

14RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
You mean Mr J Rune Dallas. Don't worry...I'm a member on their forums and have merched with them in the past. I know all about their Black Market =p

15RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
TO be honest, I've been losing interest in RS, I've hardly played in the past month. And the filter change, sure it's not that bad, but it's just abused by kids. But Jagex are just going down hill, I got on and did the elemental workshop quest and enjoyed it, but then I just left again when I was done.

They just really seem to only be in it for the money now. And that just makes me not want to give them my money. I'm not quitting yet, but I'm actually starting to consider it.

16RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I'm with you 414.

I losing my will to live on this game.

17RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Green

Green
everyones qutting Sad

18RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Est

Est
Warillusen wrote:I'm with you 414.

I losing my will to live on this game.

19RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Dialga

Dialga
Mr V wrote:You mean Mr J Rune Dallas. Don't worry...I'm a member on their forums and have merched with them in the past. I know all about their Black Market =p

What is this? Racist Markets? Tsk tsk :shock:

20RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Albus Potter

Albus Potter
Yeah the game has been dieing out very rapidly these last few years... that's probably why they're adding all these updates to try and get more people to join, to make it look like Runescape has actually changed..into an improved game,, which the followers will find out that it hasn't.

21RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Squ1d Nuts

I think everyone realizes that it's going to happen eventually, just not many people want to face it

I skimmed through the thread so sorry if anything I say has already been mentioned - I'm tired from packing and am not functioning at 100% yet

People have been saying Runescape is coming to an end for years - I honestly doubt it'll ever happen. JaGeX is a huge coporation that employs a good amount of people and brings in a lot of profit each year. People are money hungry, Runescape is a money cow, therefore as long as there's a want for money, it'll still be around

I don't think you have to worry about the things in the original post as much as you'd need to worry about JaGeX developing a newer game to compete with other MMORPGs.. That's when Runescape would lose a fair amount of players. Right now I can comfortable assume that 50-70% of the people online at any given time are botting since the freetrade update. People making throwaway accounts to bot on then transferring the money over to their main - my friend asked me to log onto his main the other day to transfer botted stuff over to it and I said hell to the fuck no and reported him

JaGeX will never be able to catch all the botters - I don't fucking care if they promise that their new software is up to date and can determine if people are botting or not - it's complete bullshit. Botting clients are another huge market and there's money to be made there - same as with JaGeX running Runescape, money to be made. People are just going to make better and more efficient bots that are going to be harder and harder to detect. JaGeX needs to finally realize that...

I can't say all this and criticize them for what they're doing - considering the blows they've taken the last couple years, JaG is still doing pretty fucking good imo

I think that JaGeX should follow what IJJI did in their fight against cheaters/bots. Make the game client a closed source application that you need to download in order to play and have some sort of Gameguard in place that determines whether or not people are using third party software - IJJI's hack detection software is incredibly advanced and the hacker scene on their games has disappeared completely

ok I don't even know what in all I just typed in this post because I've been multi tasking the whole time writing it so I'm just gonna click send now and go to bed

22RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
IJJI doesn't allow Vent to function properly, that's the problem I have with them, other than that IJJI is ok.

Though Alt-Tabbing is also shit annoying because it just closes your game and calls you a hacker aswell.

23RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 am

Squ1d Nuts

Warillusen wrote:IJJI doesn't allow Vent to function properly, that's the problem I have with them, other than that IJJI is ok.

Though Alt-Tabbing is also shit annoying because it just closes your game and calls you a hacker aswell.

Yeah, a lot of people use xfire with IJJI instead of Vent

24RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Xfire shit me off when I got it once, it manifested itself almost like spyware and refused to completely leave me computer whenever I tried to get rid of it.

25RuneScape is coming to an end Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:06 am

Owen

Owen
Just thought i'd post something relatively interesting;

Spoiler:

That is the person responsible for advertising Runescape, at Jagex, as far as I can understand.

When you look at what he has to do, you see.. "Responsible for multi-million £ marketing budget" I would have thought.. if he was doing that, that should be his "main" job, rather than.. well, you can see what else he does.

I posted this, because I remember.. when I started Runescape, you would see.. maybe.. 100 level 3s, all starting together. (on the training island) and, well.. not that I have checked recently, but I never see any level 3s in lummy. (New to the game) In my opinion, this is down to multiple reasons; One being the lack of advertising. Which gives off the impression that.. they want to wind down Runescape, and move onto newer projects I.E. Mechscape/whatever it's called now. (Which then leads onto the lack of decent updates..)

Just In my opinion. ;D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum