Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advertising Events! Empty Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:35 am

Owen

Owen
Ok, so this is how it's going to work..

Anyone can voulenteer to host an "Advertising" event, and what I mean by that is.. An event specifically designed to get new people into the chat.

These events can be anything from.. GWD.. standing at ge speaking to people.. Castle wars.. whatever you want to do;
I recommend that most people try and host an event at some point in the future.

This thread is going to be to show you the events that are coming soon; If you want to host an event, just reply saying the following information;

Your RSN:
Date:
Time: (including timezone)
Event:
How many "new" people entered the chat:
(if possible [after the event ofcourse])

The next event is: 22nd of November, 8:30-10:30pm GMT, W24 Grand Exchange, Vanilla990.

Events in the pipeline;
Saturday, 26th of November, 10:30-12:30am GMT, TBA, Vanilla990.
Saturday 3rd of December, 10:30-11:30am GMT, TBA, Owen

Google time conversion if needed, or ask the host of the event.

Please voulenteer! ^.^ Please also don't pick the same time as someone else's event.

2Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 am

Hans

Hans
The next event is a Grand Exchange event? That's... cool..
How about an actual event where people can do stuff, and you won't get ge noobs into the clan.

EDIT: You should add a time conversion clock table, like they have on the RSOF, so everyone can work out their times. And you should also make sure you know what time it is, because you often get GMT messed up. Yes, England is now on GMT but when it's not you get confused.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

3Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
If you must know. W24 Used to be my home world and sometimes still is, I know for a fact that during those times specified its generally busy with lots of people and I think it would be a nice chance for those who turn up to sit down and talk to people nicely and persuade them in.

England is running on GMT, therefore those times are in GMT. Everyone else can work out the difference.

If you think we should do other events where people can actually do stuff, then go ahead. But as a few others pointed out, surely if all of our advertising events were activity based then it would suggest that we do them all the time and get peoples hopes up. Why don't you hold an event then?

4Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 am

Hans

Hans
Standing at the GE talking isn't an event though, that's 90% of my Runescape time.
And you know people in the chat don't like it when someone advertises at the GE, you need to recruit each person individually and talk to them one on one, find them while they're out training something. It sounds like more work but at the end of it you would get the same amount of quality people as mass advertising, just without the spammers and noobs.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

5Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am

Owen

Owen
Psp Trusz wrote:Standing at the GE talking isn't an event though, that's 90% of my Runescape time.
And you know people in the chat don't like it when someone advertises at the GE, you need to recruit each person individually and talk to them one on one, find them while they're out training something. It sounds like more work but at the end of it you would get the same amount of quality people as mass advertising, just without the spammers and noobs.

That's the purpose of standing at GE talking to people.
They don't know you're going to try and advertise to them. That was just an example.

When I said "speaking to people at ge" I meant talking to people, getting to know people.. networking basically, and then invite them into the chat. It's not just standing there going "Join global chat omfgomfgomfogmfogmfomgfomgof" or whatever.

I would add a timezone conversion chart, but I think people are capable of finding that out themselves, after all if anyone wants help with timezones just ask.

6Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am

невидимый

невидимый
Reminds me of the recruitment drives we used to set up, a whole plethora of players would flood in and eventually after the first few days the majority of the undesireable people left, leaving some half-decent ones. (At least sometimes.) Still, it was a traumatic experience.

7Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 am

Owen

Owen
Invisible349 wrote:Reminds me of the recruitment drives we used to set up, a whole plethora of players would flood in and eventually after the first few days the majority of the undesireable people left, leaving some half-decent ones. (At least sometimes.)

That's the purpose of it, since the chat has been fairly quiet recently; at specific times anyway.

(I do like how we posted within 5 seconds of each other >_>)

8Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
To be honest, let the masses in. We'll filter the dumbshits after it happens.

9Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:34 am

Est

Est
Psp Trusz wrote:and you won't get ge noobs into the clan.

i noticed an advert for gc at the ge Sad

10Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 am

Owen

Owen
Anyone else going to offer to host an event?

11Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:44 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
-----------------------------
Report for event:
-----------------------------
Host: Vanilla990
Date: Tuesday22nd November
Time: 8:30 - 10:30pm
Event: GE, Hide & Seek and Castle Wars

Ranks Attended:Vanilla990, Owen Manx, Warillusen, Adolescence, Pending KO, maybe a few others

"New people who joined":

It was a fairly decent event actually, Those who joined were quite enthusiastic about playing Hide & Seek and we gave away a few cash rewards to celebrate. Then a few of us went over to Castle Wars to play 2 matches.

The only real suggestion for next time, is that if we do hide & seek again, we should try to make the rules clearer because there was some confusion in the last round.

12Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 pm

sharppool

sharppool
i would've came but
1. i dont have membership
2. i was out
sorry guys ):

13Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
What happened in the last round, I left for work then.

14Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
urmm Fauxen was hiding for ages and ages and kept moving around, but he wasn't teleporting, I said that I thought Owen just said no teleporting but movement was still allowed and there was some confusion and stuff people Amy had found Fauxen but not traded so he ran off and said that as there was no trade message, technically he hadn't been caught. Then I said, well if there is only 3 of you playing, why don't I give 250k to each of you and we call it a draw. Then we went off to Castle Wars.

15Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Owen

Owen
He was also hiding in the pure-essence mine, and nobody could see him because he hadn't done the quest.

16Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
So no location?

17Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
I'm going to come on in a minute and decide. I was thinking about going to Clan Wars for a bit of fun but depending on the number of people in the world, I might change my mind.

18Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:47 am

Soul

Soul
How was Owen's event? Which was at 4:30 A.M. or I would have been there.

19Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:33 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Inb4heforgotaboutit

20Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
I have no idea what happened, I was on Minecraft at that time I think. I'll probably host some more in 2 weeks or so closer to Christmas, for now though, I have a few assignments I should be working on Sad

21Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Owen

Owen
Oops.

Yeah, I forgot sorry. >_>

Nobody reminded me D:

22Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:10 am

Est

Est
nice one

23Advertising Events! Empty Re: Advertising Events! Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 am

Owen