Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

15 Year Anniversary Events Empty 5 Year Anniversary Events Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990

5 Year Anniversary Events!

Hello everyone,

To mark the 5 year anniversary of Global Chat I have planned 9 days worth of events for everyone to get stuck in and enjoy. There's going to be a wide variety of events including Clan Wars, A Dungeoneering Day and a bit of Hide and Seek.

That's not all though, if anyone wants to host an event that isn't already one I have planned then please feel free to post on this thread and I can add it to the list or announce it in the chat Happy

Events will be between the Friday 3rd of August and Sunday 12th August. Times for events might change slightly between now and the dates and some events currently don't have times.

For anyone who needs help with time conversions, I will post a link to a web site/thread that will be able to help you out.

Friday 3rd August

Clan Wars (8pm GMT):

The idea is to meet up as a group at the Clan Wars area in the Games Dungeon. From there we can decide whether we want to go into the Free-for-all portal and mess around or challenge other friends chats. I am a high enough rank to start games so we won't have any rank problems.

This event is aimed at the European and American timezone although anyone else is more than welcome to attend.

Saturday 4th August

Clan Wars (9am GMT):

The idea is to meet up as a group at the Clan Wars area in the Games Dungeon. From there we can decide whether we want to go into the Free-for-all portal and mess around or challenge other friends chats. I am a high enough rank to start games so we won't have any rank problems.

This event is aimed for those in Australia or late nighters from America although everyone else is welcome to join in.

Sunday 5th August

Castle Wars (2pm GMT):

I thought we'd get together and play a few games of Castle Wars. I've not decided on a world yet because I guess it will depend on the number of players we have as we might want to do a private world match rather than using one of the specific worlds.

I've tried to make this event an early UK afternoon event in the hope that some Australian players are still awake and some Americans are just logging on for the day.

Monday 6th August

Occupy Varrock/Nardah (10am GMT and again at 10pm GMT):

Occupy Varrock/Nardah. You've probably all heard of the occupy protests that have been going on around the world and this is no different. The idea is we all meet at Varrock Square and occupy the area, sitting around, having a chat, showing off our latest skill capes and items, sharing stories and having a bit of a laugh.

Global Chat Awards Winners (10am GMT and again at 10pm GMT):

I've decided to make a bit of a event out of the Global Chat Awards and will be revealing the winners of each category in game before they are released on the forum. While we're all gathered in Varrock I thought we might as well make a bit more of the event and encourage more people to turn up. There might even be a prize for the winners of each category Happy

Tuesday 7th August

Boss Hunting (No Time yet):

I've got no idea how this event will go but I wanted to try and cater for everyone. I think we'll just meet in the chat as a group and then decide which boss we want to go to and how we want to go about doing it and go from there.

Wednesday 8th August

Fist of Guthix (6pm GMT):

This event is quite simple, I thought we could get together as a group and play a few round of Fist of Guthix and see if any of us end up having to hunt each other for a bit of fun. Not decided on the world at the moment, it would depend upon the number of us who are interested and will more than likely be decided on the day.

Thursday 9th August

Hide and Seek (6:30pm GMT onwards):

We've played this game several times before and it seems to have worked fairly well so I would like to try it again with the chat. The rules and everything will be added and explained closer to the date along with which world and where we would meet.

Friday 10th August

Stealing Creation (No Time Yet):

Stealing Creation events used to be a tradition in the chat where we would get together on W158 or W164 and mess about a bit and have fun while gaining those crucial sc points to help train those dull skills Tongue I'd like for us to get together and play a few more games like we used to. There is no time or world yet because the odds are that I will host the event twice or three times over the course of the day so everyone can get a chance to join in.

Saturday 11th August

Boss Hunting (No Time Yet):

I've got no idea how this event will go but I wanted to try and cater for everyone. I think we'll just meet in the chat as a group and then decide which boss we want to go to and how we want to go about doing it and go from there.

Sunday 12th August

Dungeoneering Day (All Day):

Dungeoneering Day! I've wanted to try this for a while in the chat and this seems like the perfect time to go ahead with the idea. It's quite simple, I will be around all day ready to train Dungeoneering with anyone that wants to, whether you are level 30 or level 102 all you need to do is ask in the chat if I'm free or if there is a party getting together and ask to join or wait for the next one.

Once again, there is no world for this because it will depend upon how many of us are in a party each time as to whether or not we need any extra players and might need to hop to one of the themed worlds.

Last edited by Vanilla990 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 am; edited 5 times in total

25 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Hadarac

Currently it is BST

London will stay on BST until Sunday, 28 October 2012 at 2:00 AM
when clocks are moved to Sunday, 28 October 2012 at 01:00:00 GMT

35 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Moto

Moto
On holiday for the first week of August :/ But I'm looking forward to attending the other events Laughing

45 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
change occupy varrock to occupy nardah

55 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Well, we should do something in Nardah but I reckon we should turn an event into an advertising Global Chat scheme.

65 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
@War, that was one reason for choosing Varrock that so many people pass through that area so advertising at the same time would be easy.

75 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Hans

Hans
Awards should be in Nardah.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

85 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
That it should.

95 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
What makes you think the awards events will be during aussie timezone? Tongue

105 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
What makes you think I will miss any? I'm a man unlike most people from the UK and US who complain about time zones and not being able to make it. Besides the point as if no Nardah we fucking had the Huge Mass there, Shindig and the lot. It's a place for us to hold the greatness of its sentimental value.

115 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

невидимый

невидимый
We could have a public party at Varrock AND a veteran + guests-who-are-free-to-come-party at Nardah later, kind of like that one afterparty after one of Esh's 99s at some point some years ago at some bar northeast of Varrock in some world and any other event of which me and War usually remained awake for much longer than necessary afterwards.

125 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Shad

Shad
Hopefully I can cancel my life for that week so I can make it to most of this. After all, I need to make sure I'm still the reigning funniest, most sarcastic and least helpful member of the chat as I have been since like, 2008 or whenever the last awards were.

But even if I'm not I'll still always be Member of the Month.
:skate:

135 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Hans

Hans
Van can stand at Varrock giving out free Nardah teleports and direct people to the party.

And it doesn't matter what time it is, even though Cyrus, 98, 414, Shad and War (5 Generals) are from Aus, and Invis is from NZ (which is like Australia's bitch).
And I'm from Aus, and so is Doggy, Magekankill, Hadarac, Albus, probably others.

145 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I'll cut you. I am the mayor.

155 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
I vote Shad for member of the month. He make a great contribution to the chat, Global would not be the same without him.

165 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Member of the Month isn't even a democracy, I decide who is a who isn't.

175 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Green

Green
Psp Trusz wrote:Van can stand at Varrock giving out free Nardah teleports and direct people to the party.

And it doesn't matter what time it is, even though Cyrus, 98, 414, Shad and War (5 Generals) are from Aus, and Invis is from NZ (which is like Australia's bitch).
And I'm from Aus, and so is Doggy, Magekankill, Hadarac, Albus, probably others.

And how many of those people still play on a regular basis?

185 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Spoiler: Preamble about absence from RS and community.
Spoiler:
I don't expect everyone to go to Nardah but I will be going myself and I might just stumble through Varrock along the way there. Nothing is rigidly set and there are no rules to adhere to, so people are free to choose their own means of celebrating if they please. The Nardah gathering will be to honour (honor) the Global Chat culture's various idiosyncrasies, or unique traits, that have developed since the formation of the initial friends chat. Examples of such being the impromptu "The Party" that never took place and the various Nardah mini-gatherings that happened spontaneously. I'm not sure if the current mixed older/newer members generate as many community jokes or inside jokes as a couple years back, but the ones from when I played have stuck with me since then.

195 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
To be honest, it's not really the fact of if they/we play or not, it's if we're going to come to the events or not. Global Chat is more than just RS now anyway, it has transcended into some kind of multi world ethereal being.

More or less what Invis said. >.>

205 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
The problem with letting Global Chat as a community without the full aid of Runescape makes it difficult grow and if you're against the growing of our community our numbers will just deplete until no one is left.

This is probably not a place to discuss this sort of thing but it is what I've been thinking about for a while now.

215 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
The reason I specifically hinted towards whether I would make it an Aussie event or at Nardah is down to what Green said. At the time of planning these events, very few Australian players still logged on which means I had to consider which side of the world the party would most likely take place on.

I am aware that Monday is a weekday and I will do my best to try and make sure that everyone can come to as many of the Runescape hosted events as possible. It might be that I end up holding the "Occupy" and "GC Awards" events twice on that day to fit both timezones, this is the reason why I've not allocated a time yet.

As a few of you pointed out, Global Chat is a multi-gaming community and to be honest, it would be quite cool if a few of those who play Steam or normal PC or XBox games held events for games. I can add them to this thread to help advertise them. Look at that event Est wanted to have a while back on whichever game it was and a few people ended up taking part. It would be great to have something like that again for the anniversary other than Runescape events.

225 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 am

sharppool

sharppool
this is what we need to do

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

235 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 am

NickVo

NickVo
Warillusen wrote:What makes you think I will miss any? I'm a man unlike most people from the UK and US who complain about time zones and not being able to make it.

I'm pretty sure I was the only American on for the global chat shin dig thing : P

it's the summer time anyways so people should be able to set there schedule up to be available for any event they want to come to

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

245 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Novavo wrote:
Warillusen wrote:What makes you think I will miss any? I'm a man unlike most people from the UK and US who complain about time zones and not being able to make it.

I'm pretty sure I was the only American on for the global chat shin dig thing : P

it's the summer time anyways so people should be able to set there schedule up to be available for any event they want to come to

Winter in southern-hemisphere, school/uni started back up for Aus/NZ.

255 Year Anniversary Events Empty Re: 5 Year Anniversary Events Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:04 am

Hans

Hans
There should be an Ownear award.
Shad or War is winnear.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum