Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Yeah, I was checking my boats.

Nimbus wrote:In other news, having two versions of RS2 running at once, one with and one without EOC, is apparently not technically possible according to Mod Manip Gerhard.

Because apparently you can only run one thing on a server... And apparently all of Jagex's servers are running synchronously and cannot have anything different on them.
Sounds legit.

52Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

Owen

Owen
I have little to no interest in anything Jagex say or do. The only RS news I get is from my youtube subscriptions, which I only watch because they're generally entertaining, rather than the interest for content.

53Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Penguin414 wrote:Yeah, I was checking my boats.

Nimbus wrote:In other news, having two versions of RS2 running at once, one with and one without EOC, is apparently not technically possible according to Mod Manip Gerhard.

Because apparently you can only run one thing on a server... And apparently all of Jagex's servers are running synchronously and cannot have anything different on them.
Sounds legit.

I've deduced that the servers are hooked up in some sort of series circuit with a feedback loop at each server.

What this means is that any pulse (signal) first travels through World 1, then World 2, then World 3 etc., until it reaches the final world. If a signal is sent to say, World 88, it must travel through each other world preceding it.

This is why the first worlds are ideal for higher strain, and why more players use them. This is also why our original aussie homeworlds (108 or whatever it was) seemed to lag a lot.

Now, since this is a series circuit, this means if for any reason the signal is lost in one of the earlier worlds, it is never received by the intended world. Now now, I know what you're thinking, "But ninety-eeeeeeeeeeeeeight, worlds go down all the time, and the ones after them are never offline." Yes, that's because there is bypass circuitry to circumvent this, if the signal is not received by any one server. Just keep that in mind for this next part.

Why is there a feedback loop you say? Well, this is where it gets diabolical. The pig-headed IVP decided that only their version of Runescape may exist, so, periodically, there is a check pulse sent through every server. It checks the integrity/version/etc. of each server, against the current one, and if it finds a different version, sends an appropriate signal back through the feedback loop, while simultaneously disabled any further signals through that server.

What does this mean? The bypass circuit is not activated, and whatever remaining servers are switched off. Jagex has essentially been blackmailed into constantly keeping up with John IVP's deadlines. You see, if IVP wants, say EOC out on a certain date but Jagex definitely knows it won't be ready (that would never happen would it), IVP make the version check for the EOC update on that day regardless - Jagex must comply or they lose all of their servers until they've been updated.

There we have it, a perfectly logical explanation for why they can't have two different versions running at once from a control systems point of view. I was going to write something on synchronous transmissions as well but I can't be bothered.

54Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
Of course! Why did I not realise that earlier. It all makes sense now.

55Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

56Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

невидимый

невидимый
Kicking off yet another year of GCF artwork with this belated drawing.

Chaig Lord Warillusen protects his nation from the demons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

57Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 am

Owen

Owen
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Drift dat bus round dat corner.

58Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Invisible349 wrote:Kicking off yet another year of GCF artwork with this belated drawing.

I MANTA

59Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

Nimbus

Nimbus
Skidding buses? weak.

Here in Sweden we just had a train STOLEN by a maid, who crashed it into an apartment building.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Random unrelated question: I've had some internet issues recently, with web browsers being extremely slow but the connection is fine otherwise. Lowering MTU(maximum transmission unit) to ~1375 from 1500 made it much better, but it's far from fixed. anyone have any experience?

To elaborate, Connection speed and ping is fine, i don't notice anything different while downloading torrents, streaming videos or playing online. But webpages and pictures take forever to load and often don't load at all, and site layouts get messed up like this:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Nimbus on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

60Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

Owen

Owen
The cleaner accidentally started the train it emerges. I was following that story over the past few days, curious as to how someone was expecting to steal a train..

Also, 'sif you lowered your My little ponies. Try resetting the RBC (rainbow counter)

61Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Nimbus

Nimbus
Oh, nice typo >_>

I do find it pretty hilarious that she is getting accused of stealing it. I don't think she started it herself either.

62Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Owen

Owen
Probably worth checking the speed here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What browser are you using? From the pictures it looks like you turned images off.

edit, disability view or something? <_<

..although you said images load eventually? o.O

63Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Warillusen wrote:
Invisible349 wrote:Kicking off yet another year of GCF artwork with this belated drawing.

I MANTA

Owen sucks balls.

64Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Owen

Owen
Wat

65Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am

Shad

Shad
I love it Invis.

I can tell it's going to be a good year now.

66Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

Owen

Owen
-Looks at streams on Twitch-

Oh look 700 viewers on Runescape, I wonder what's happening
-See's it's b0aty- Okay, let's see what's happening..

"I made 2b-ish off firecapes and 4b from kiln capes"

-guy in comments- "Oh I thought you meant you sold them for real life cash"

B0aty: "No that would be against the rules."

-another guy in the comments- "Isn't account sharing against the rules?"

B0aty: "Um no, at least not when I was doing it"

Wtf. >_> Since when hasn't account sharing been against the rules.. The second I consume any RS related content I am disappointed.

67Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 am

Nimbus

Nimbus
So jagex fixed the bug where you could firemake in the ports area by using barbarian firemaking, but they haven't fixed the 50 other bugs such as 50% loading screens, unreachable death lotus assassins, retarded chompy birds, uncatchable big fish etcetcetcetcetcetcetcetcetera. I guess being able to light a fire in your port was a huge threat to the game and had to be fixed ASAP. dem priorities. At least they fixed the majority of KK issues within a couple hours.

Account sharing has been against the rules for as long as I have played. How could he possibly have made 2b from fire capes anyway, and only twice as much from kiln? I can see people paying for kiln, but fight caves are a joke. Not that I know who b0aty is, sounds like a lurer/host, but i'd assume it's a PVMer.

Speedtest and similar sites just stopped loading at 100% and never actually tested the speed. It seems to work fine now anyway. Had the problem with chrome, firefox and IE.

68Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 am

Owen

Owen
b0aty is/was a pker. lolwhatispkingthesedays.

69Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I feel like you're more involved with Runescape than I am and I'm the one still playing it.

70Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Like some old hasbeen sportsman, forced to retire in his prime from an injury, bitterly following his sport from his modest apartment. Ice cream tubs surrounding.

71Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:I feel like you're more involved with Runescape than I am and I'm the one still playing it.

If i'm more involved than you, you're doing something wrong.

"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't even in my browsing history of the past howeverlongithasbeensinceIquit

I literally watched 2 minutes of a stream to see why so many people were watching <_<

72Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
When I log into Runescape, I'm not actually playing Runescape.

73Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Nimbus

Nimbus
Join the club.

also:
Spoiler:

74Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
wait what was that owen?
account sharing is against the rules?
and always has been?

75Spam Thread -  - Page 3 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:48 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I only come here out of habit and for inspiration to draw, amongst other things. In other news, I saw the movie Jack Reacher today. T'wasn't bad, I quite enjoyed it and it's up there with other things I recommend to people, such as staying hydrated and catching some sleep now and then.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum