You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 30]

126Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 am

Owen

Owen
I was going to answer it, but ..

1. Do you want me to answer it?
2. What do I put in the MA15+ games and R18+ games when I have like.. over 300 <_< I'm not going to count precisely XD and it won't let me put a + sign.

127Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:I was going to answer it, but ..

1. Do you want me to answer it?
2. What do I put in the MA15+ games and R18+ games when I have like.. over 300 <_<  I'm not going to count precisely XDand it won't let me put a + sign.
The R18+ is a lot easier for Australians since an 18+ rating has only been out of a while and few games have it.

I just said 75 for MA because it's the number I stopped on, you could go -1 or something if you want to.

128Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:58 am

Hans

Hans
Just estimate. Put 300 it's fine.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

129Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 am

Owen

Owen
All right cool, Just wanted to make sure.

What're you researching? (out of curiosity)

130Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 am

Owen

Owen
Also, not sure if everyone got the cookie-game link at the end (http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/)

.. did anyone else get addicted to this? >.>

131Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:42 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
WELCOME TO 2 MONTHS AGO

I had a problem and wouldn't stop playing it, glad that's out of my life. I had to go to Cookie Clicker Anonymous to stop the problem.

132Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 am

Owen

Owen
Princess wrote:WELCOME TO 2 MONTHS AGO

I had a problem and wouldn't stop playing it, glad that's out of my life. I had to go to Cookie Clicker Anonymous to stop the problem.

I am tempted to leave my computer on over night for it. >_>

How far did you get?

133Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Erm, I've prestiged twice. If I continue I should have 200,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Remember don't bother with the petty stuff, save for the higher up things, it's expotentially better. Make sure to click every golden cookie. Times 7 multiplyer is great.

134Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:16 am

sharppool

sharppool
Owen wrote:
sharppool wrote:WHATS UP OWEN HOW'S IT GOIN?
Pretty good thanks.

WHATS UP SHARP HOW'S IT GOIN?
bien (:

THEY LIKE ME! THEY REALLY LIKE ME

135Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Hans

Hans
Happy B'Day 414

136Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
I don't even know how old I am any more.

Edit: 415 apparently, that's a shame, the good years are behind me.

137Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Shad

Shad
party

138Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
OI!

LETS GET FUCKIN BLIND CUNT

C'MON COME DAVEYS BRO FUCKIN LETS GET SOME HOLE BRO

139Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:14 am

NickVo

NickVo
if Runescape is dead, how does this even exist?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

140Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 am

Owen

Owen
Probably a group of friends that play together.

I don't really want to go back into the past.. but whatever..

Like I said, maybe 2-3 years ago, our main issue was that the members we recruit don't stay. Not just that, most of us have been willing to accept the chats decline. I frequently suggested new ways of adapting/evolving, all of which felt like I was shouting at a brick wall.

By which, the effects we're seeing today, with the chat completely dead at certain times of the day, will only get worse. I don't even know if it's too late to bring back the majority of the community (Not on RS but generally), I know that i'm not doing anything RS related for GC anymore.

141Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Owen, How many times do I have to spell it out to you in order for you to get it >.<

There will ALWAYS be times of day where the chat is completely dead/empty or a maximum of 2 people are online, this is because of when Aus,NZ,USA sleep and UK are at school and vise versa. It's been like that for the last 4 years and me being one of the only UK people on back then was the reason I got my bronze star at the time.

Yeah we've all admitted the chat is in decline. I actually had designed and nearly printed a massive batch of business cards to hand out at RuneFest but they wouldn't have arrived in time, that may have helped to bring a few new people in but with the diversity of friends chat/clans we are never going to go back to our 30/40 people in the chat at any one time, it just won't happen.

Maybe I'll have some time after Christmas to do some updates to the Forums and look at overhauling the friends chat and getting our RS Forums thread up to date but between now and then I just don't have the time.

I know a lot of us have moved on from RS and that you have suggested countless times about diversifying but how many people have you spoken to while playing other games and talked to them about Global Chat? I'm going to guess and say very few because most of the games you tend to play are either 1 vs 1 or small teams. Not to be funny but we can't diversify if none of us are interested in MMO's at the moment.

142Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 am

Owen

Owen
That's not what I was saying. It has been dead during the morning UK time, which is the Australian peak time. It's dead when the Americans go to sleep to when they wake up.

I was referring back to the days where I was genuinely motivated to completely re-haul the forums and chat. Very few people were actually bothered what happened, even then. I kind of believe creating an alternative communication route that people that have left will use is the only way to rejuvenate the forums. Advertising as a gaming community is potentially an option.. but would require an entire forum rework.

The logical step to diversifying would be to become a generalised gaming community.

Yeah, the business cards may have helped, but I don't think the chat has the right direction at the moment anyway. There's too many ranks that don't play RS, if you were wanting to make a successful RS chat, at least. I don't really believe that's the way forward for "Global Chat", though.

143Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:16 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
I don't believe we can become a gaming community.

Don't get me wrong, if you can do this I'm not going to stop you, I just can't believe it can be. Van is right, diversification to a larger game community is difficult when most of us aren't playing another MMO and already have a group to game with already.

Most of the games that we do play require about 6 players top and this is usually covered by just friends you know already. This eliminated a lot of potential, "Oh these guys are cool, I heard they have a site they mainly go on to talk more about this stuff." Since not many of us are open to accepting new people to play games with, it's sorta really difficult and not great.

I'm still saying though, by all means Owen. If you can think some way around this I'm willing to accept whatever this plan is. Just like ,last time.

144Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 am

Owen

Owen
That's the attitude i've been faced with constantly. What's the benefit in staying a Runescape chat? 95% of the top ranks don't even play RS anymore. The way I see it is, gaming community or we will eventually die. There's no way I am going to do all of the work either, especially if nobody wants to diversify. If you're happy enough to watch the numbers decrease, then that's fine too.

Don't take my attitude as annoyed, it's just pretty frustrating to know if everyone pulled together, we could probably make a pretty awesome community.

Take any person that has left the RS chat recently, where are they going? Away from GC. It's been like this for years. That's just a stupidly run community. (Be that RS or General)

145Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
The friends chat has 400 slots for ranks. Those who are goldies atm are the "legacy" but thats not stopping us from adding new ranks and get more people involved. I suggested a rank redo loads of times and no one seemed to back me up. Also, I went and did a few rank upgrades recently but I don't think anyone will notice massively.

146Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:55 am

Owen

Owen
There's no need to change the ranks until there's more people in the friends chat.

Barely any ranks (which is the majority of people on the forums) actually play RS anymore. So, who will advertise?

I don't want to do anything associated with RS anymore, I feel like we've exhausted the possibilities and it's tiresome to talk about now. I would rather focus on the forums and relaunching them under as a gaming community.

I mentioned this a while ago to some people that don't come here anymore (i.e. Eshy/Moto and a few others) when I mentioned that we may relaunch the forums they were genuinely interested, you probably saw some of them on the forums at the time. I don't see why everyone isn't like.. "That sounds awesome, let me know what I can do to help"

It's true, the majority of old-globalers aren't playing rs or visiting the forums, they're predominately playing other games. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as i'm sure they've met some new people that they could bring to the forums.

Either way, I don't see what we're protecting anymore. The RS chat is pretty much completely separate to the forums.

147Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 am

Hans

Hans
Tell the people who do still play that they can increase their rank by advertising and making people feel welcome so they want to stay.
Treat it like a new chat.

148Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
I do agree we should move away from RS and as you may see me lobby sit in Runescape lobby I have a rant every so often.
Look, the reason why I don't have much interest in helping is that for one thing, I don't even play games anymore. I spend my days watching shows and other what not.

How could I help if I'm not even apart of the gaming community to begin with, I don't see how I personally can help in expanding a gaming community. This is also the reason why I can't see it happening.

Ps. If this does work, I'd like my name not to be Princess anymore. That'd be cool.

149Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:17 am

Owen

Owen
Hans wrote:Tell the people who do still play that they can increase their rank by advertising and making people feel welcome so they want to stay.
Treat it like a new chat.
I don't think this would work anymore, as ranks don't mean anything. Nobody aspires to having a rank.

Princess wrote:I do agree we should move away from RS and as you may see me lobby sit in Runescape lobby I have a rant every so often.
Look, the reason why I don't have much interest in helping is that for one thing, I don't even play games anymore. I spend my days watching shows and other what not.

How could I help if I'm not even apart of the gaming community to begin with, I don't see how I personally can help in expanding a gaming community. This is also the reason why I can't see it happening.

Ps. If this does work, I'd like my name not to be Princess anymore. That'd be cool.
It would still have movies/music/general discussion areas too. Doesn't have to be solely gaming. Heck, it could even have a section for RS, just not a dedicated area like we currently have, as it is only used occasionally, mostly for goals... by Nick.. >_> There's plenty anyone can help with - logo designs, name ideas/concepts, what would you like to see on said website, colour schemes, external chat mechanism? feedback on IRC. There's a lot more. >.> All I really want to see is passion about actually rebranding/relaunching the forums, as motivation really- I don't have time to actually code anything at the moment as I have like 25000 words to do in 2 weeks, but there's no harm in discussing ideas.

150Spam Thread -  - Page 6 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:13 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Princess wrote:

EDIT Analslut Gookface it is.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum