Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to refrigerate my room. Empty How to refrigerate my room. Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Hans

Hans
My room is hot. Almost as hot as me. The sun glares straight down on my room every day with its glariness, filling it with heat and hotness. I was fed up with it and decided to strike back. I wasn't going to sit around sweating from playing RuneScape any longer, so I had to think of a way to combat the sun. Although my combat level isn't very high irl.

I thought about destroying the sun. It seemed logical. But perhaps blocking it would be more efficient. The plan was to get 2 billion and 4 CDs, glue them all together and direct the shiny side towards the sun, give the sun a taste of its own medicine. Then the sun would be like 'ahh no its too hot' and move further away, then it wouldn't be so hot and I wouldn't need to block it. I decided to check eBay for Ricky Martin CDs (they're cheaper than blank ones). I was hoping to get a deal of half a bil for 50c, but no luck.

Then something hit me. It hurt. Then I had an idea.. what makes hot things cold? The Fridge! The wonderful and glorious holy food holder of awesome. But how could I refrigerate my room to make it cold? After Googling for 3 days straight looking for an answer, I had no luck. An idea.. Reverse Refrigeration! If I could design a fridge that would store all the heat inside it and thus making its surroundings cold, well, that would be uber epic.

So, on this day, I will dedicate all my non-rs time to finding the answer to reverse refrigeration. If anyone has ideas to help me with this, it would be much appreciated. It's so goddamn fucking hot!

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

2How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm

sky

sky
Wow you know you are tired when...

The first sentences of this post was read in my mind "My mom is hot. Almost as hot as me." And then I proceeded to be confused wondering what you were on about...

EDIT: on a more constructive note... a Man by the name of Jean-Charles Peltier discovered this back in 1834.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peltier cooling, or thermo-electric cooling (TEC). What this is is it will create a sub-zero temperature on one side of the plate while the other is hot. It can be used in extreme cooling computers. You could buy a ton of em for your room and cover it. Might cost a lot though. And use tons of electricity.Tongue

-sky Laughing

3How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
I would recommend not painting your room black as black draws in heat.

I would also recommend to put a board over the window or a blind or something that tries to stop some of the sun's glares getting annoying.

I would then probably use a fan to try circulate air.

I would then probably run out of ideas as you can't really stack thousands of ice cubes in your room and use those as they would melt >.<

4How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 am

Est

Est
go swim in the ocean or just go to the beach or something <.<

5How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 am

Owen

Owen
Then something hit me. It hurt. Then I had an idea..

Lol'd.

Couldn't you.. get the cooling element from a billion fridges, and put them together? Perhaps in some sort of .. Sphere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are the blue-prints that are white/black.

Well, Good luck!

6How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 am

Bray

Bray
Get inducted air con...Nuff said.

7How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Get out... nuff said.

8How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Just get a really big heat sink, some (crappy) fridges use them still Laughing

Downside is, it won't get it all that much below ambient temperature, but it's still cooler, right?

9How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:19 pm

KhanKronos

KhanKronos
AC?

10How to refrigerate my room. Empty Re: How to refrigerate my room. Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:50 pm

NickVo

NickVo
Owen wrote:There are the blue-prints that are white/black.

He would put white before black, racist :o

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum