Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hacked Empty Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Squ1d Nuts

Well I was browsing an imageboard today and went on one of the usual Runescape threads and being careless I clicked on a link without reading it fully and checking it out

Look in the screenshot and you'll see it says "nunescape" instead of "runescape"

Anyway I proceeded to "log in" and was sent to the normal Runescape forums so it appeared as if nothing was wrong. Checked the thread out again and noticed people were saying don't click the link and shit like that, so I went to sign in and bam, account gone.

I am not in possession of the account right now but I can comfortably assume that my years of work just went to waste because of a careless mistake. Every expensive item I worked long and hard for, including the skills, is probably useless now. I'm assuming they're looting the account right now.

I'm not going to get mad over this, it was my own stupidity that caused it. I don't know what's going on any more, I actually just started a range/mage tank today but really idk... Years of work lost in the blink of an eye Sad

I don't think I'm quitting I really don't know what's going on yet Sad....

PS Dialga I know you're going to see this thread and lol @ me but please try to keep your insults to yourself... I know it's just a game but there were hundreds of hours behind everything I had on that account...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Dialga

Dialga
Happened to me a very, very long time ago. Back when furies were 1.5m.

Sucks. I'm sorry.

3Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Squ1d Nuts

Accounts back in my possession but I'm poor as dirt... Luckily I had a Dragon Pickaxe for sale in the G.E. which they neglected to take along with my funds in Kingdom so I have at least a little bit of cash..

I don't think I'm going to even bother using the account any more as it's pretty much screwed now Sad

4Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Hans

Hans
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You've read this. Set a bank pin now and it won't happen again.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

5Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Squ1d Nuts

Psp Trusz wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You've read this. Set a bank pin now and it won't happen again.

Well, my Bank Pin actually set in literally about 5 hours before I was hacked. It wouldn't have mattered if I was thinking and deposited my cash into the bank, but I was flipping claws and had all the cash within my inventory therefore making it an easy target.

This was my dumbassed mistake, I'm going to learn from it, although the consequence sucks majorly.

6Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Hans

Hans
i'm i was Whi

New account is Ghostin

ಠ_ಠ

Don't start a new account, you still have your stats and you can make money back eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

7Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 am

sky

sky
Sorry to hear, but I agree with Psp. Making money on a fresh account is harder than on a skilled one.

-sky Laughing

8Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:12 am

Squ1d Nuts

Psp Trusz wrote:
i'm i was Whi

New account is Ghostin

ಠ_ಠ

Don't start a new account, you still have your stats and you can make money back eventually.

When you spend years getting to the point where you are and then see incredible amounts of wealth disappear in less than 5 minutes, one is usually less motivated to even bother making it back

I'm making a new account and not touching Whi again for a long time

9Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 am

Phenix

Phenix
You are not gonna check back on Whi? There could still be something left on him. At least get your account back, don't leave it to the dirty hands of the hacker.

10Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
If you think it'll get you started on whi again, I can give you around 10-15m with payback whenever you want (could be in 6 months if that's what it takes)

11Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 am

Moto

Moto
Don't start on a new account, as you've said, you've worked for years on that account. What's the point in training up another account? Yes, the money is a big deal, but you will no doubt make it back again and continue to enjoy RS in the process. Consider this as a learning experience, i'm pretty sure most people go through it eventually.

12Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 am

Squ1d Nuts

Phenix wrote:You are not gonna check back on Whi? There could still be something left on him. At least get your account back, don't leave it to the dirty hands of the hacker.

Only stuff that was left was junk in my bank and my Firecape

Pengiun98 wrote:If you think it'll get you started on whi again, I can give you around 10-15m with payback whenever you want (could be in 6 months if that's what it takes)

I can't accept any loans or anything because idk how long I'm going to be playing now

Surely you guys could understand that even though I have the skills, what happened was a pretty significant shot to the account and the motivation to get everything back just isn't there. This is why I'm making a new account, because there's more things to do and I can correct any mistakes I had made on Whi

Moto wrote:Don't start on a new account, as you've said, you've worked for years on that account. What's the point in training up another account? Yes, the money is a big deal, but you will no doubt make it back again and continue to enjoy RS in the process. Consider this as a learning experience, i'm pretty sure most people go through it eventually.

I know, but everything I said above plus I just don't have the motivation/energy/will to get everything back. It took me forever to get to where I was on that account just as it does with everyone else and their main. I sold every item that was left on the account and managed to muster up enough money to fill my Kingdom's Bank, so when I do return to the account, I will have some nice profit. I'll go on once a week and keep up my Approval Rating up.

Maybe in time I'll regain the determination to make my account back to what it once was, and until then, Kingdom will help restore some of the money I'd need to get started.

I'm not quitting because of this, just going to play on my other account until I want to come back to Whi and work my way back up.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot

13Hacked Empty Re: Hacked Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Green

Green
I don't think you should be going around saying that Peng Tongue
On another note, I dropped my ENTIRE bank including cls and around 15m in items. Look at me now I made back 40m and yeah.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum