Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Hans

Hans
What the fuck
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

2Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Est

Est
what the fucking shit?

Last edited by Est on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

3Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
The fuck?

4Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Owen

Owen
'sif that'll happen.

5Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Well there goes 2/3 of game footage on the internet.

6Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Owen

Owen
I doubt that will go through, mainly because.. If it goes through, Youtube will be pretty much over, and Youtube is owned by Google. Google is a multi-billion $ company, therefore will be heavily investing into it not going through.

..Oh and the tax from Google the government would lose.

'Sif.

7Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:45 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:I doubt that will go through, mainly because.. If it goes through, Youtube will be pretty much over, and Youtube is owned by Google. Google is a multi-billion $ company, therefore will be heavily investing into it not going through.

'Sif.

I can see a sort of 'Permission' clause or whatever you call it being enforced though.

I.E. Unless stated by the developers, videos can't be made.

8Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 am

Owen

Owen
Pengiun98 wrote:
Owen wrote:I doubt that will go through, mainly because.. If it goes through, Youtube will be pretty much over, and Youtube is owned by Google. Google is a multi-billion $ company, therefore will be heavily investing into it not going through.

'Sif.

I can see a sort of 'Permission' clause or whatever you call it being enforced though.

I.E. Unless stated by the developers, videos can't be made.

I can't.

Who will enforce it?

If YouTube start taking videos down, people will just move somewhere else, I.e. Dailymotion/Metacafe whatever other video-hosting websites you can think of;

Regarding streaming; no way will they be able to enforce it with what they stream, at the end of the day the streaming-websites have very limited staff; Therefore making it almost impossible for them to check every stream; sure they'll catch some people (if it gets passed) but they'll never stop them all. >_>

Unless the governments around the world are going to come together and pool together resources (and create an "Internet copywrite policing department") Which is so unlikely, mainly because.. if you had the choice between putting resources into .. Poverty, Terrorism ect. or.. stopping people from making videos, it's obvious your choice.

Alternatively; If "unless stated by the developers" means, they can just put a little note on the back of games-or whatever saying.. "We allow people to distribute-footage of our game" Then sure, that wont change anything, since every game will have that in no-time. >_<

9Copy-write enforcement? Empty Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
If they wanted to enforce it, they could. But it would be incredibly hard to manage.

Apple are already working on an infra-red transmitter for live events so that music artists and stuff can use them and it prevent Apple devices from recording and forces them to shut down. Part of clamping down on copyrighted material.

10Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:59 am

Owen

Owen
Mr V wrote:If they wanted to enforce it, they could. But it would be incredibly hard to manage.

Apple are already working on an infra-red transmitter for live events so that music artists and stuff can use them and it prevent Apple devices from recording and forces them to shut down. Part of clamping down on copyrighted material.

They COULD enforce it, but they would basically have to stop video uploading/streaming full stop. Or have a "Upload via approval from a moderator." Which, would still destroy-videos on the internet. I.e. YouTube.

There's just no way they're going to enforce it. >_>

11Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 am

невидимый

невидимый
Don't people have better things to do than something so petty as this?

12Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:

I can't.

Who will enforce it?

If YouTube start taking videos down, people will just move somewhere else, I.e. Dailymotion/Metacafe whatever other video-hosting websites you can think of;

The majority of people would stop doing so when they're faced with possible jail time if they continue, both uploaders and website hosts.

13Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 am

Owen

Owen
Pengiun98 wrote:
Owen wrote:

I can't.

Who will enforce it?

The majority of people would stop doing so when they're faced with possible jail time if they continue, both uploaders and website hosts.

People get threatened with jail when they film movies in cinemas, and then upload them onto the internet, and yet hundreds of people still do it.

14Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Hundreds is a very minor number in terms of masses.

15Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:

People get threatened with jail when they film movies in cinemas, and then upload them onto the internet, and yet hundreds of people still do it.

'Hundreds' out of 7 billion shows that the message gets across in one way or another, and it's incredibly easier for authorities to track people down from Youtube/Metacafe etc. than pure Torrents.

16Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
No matter what happens there will always be a way to get something. The only thing any goverment can do is just thinning it out and not make it so publicly available.

Youtube is just a very casual way to view things. I mean there are a lot of streams outthere of movies on megaupload but yes, it would be annoying if the bill passes since no one can just casually watch gameplay. I see the uploaders problem in this situation though.

No one can beat my 20k views.

17Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Est

Est
21k ish now

18Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm

sharppool

sharppool
This is just stupid.

19Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Owen

Owen
I don't actually know how many people upload movies-tv ect. to the internet, it's probably more than hundreds.

Meh. I still don't think they'll do it.

20Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:I don't actually know how many people upload movies-tv ect. to the internet, it's probably more than hundreds.

Meh. I still don't think they'll do it.

Neither, the backlash would be something terrible.

The government needs to realise that video games:

a.) Can't be treated like other forms of media/literature (i.e. films). Just because watching a film for free loses the creators money, doesn't mean the same for a game. Letting people watch games being played actually encourages them to buy the game (in most cases).

b.) Video games aren't children's toys. They may have been, once upon a time (oh wait, there was even 'graphic' text-based adventures, that opinion is another illusion), but it's time that people realised the majority of gamers are not children.

21Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Owen

Owen
Another reason ofcourse would be that Google is one of the most profitable companies in the world; and since.. The economic state and all that.. They're not about to destroy the Tax revenue gained from YouTube (I.e. Google)

22Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Hans

Hans
But Owen, it is already happening. That's the whole point. Even if Google doesn't like it, it's not up to them.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

23Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Owen

Owen
Psp Trusz wrote:But Owen, it is already happening. That's the whole point. Even if Google doesn't like it, it's not up to them.

I know it's not up to google.

I still can't see it happening.

(In it's current state)

24Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 am

Kun

Kun
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

25Copy-write enforcement? Empty Re: Copy-write enforcement? Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 am

Owen

Owen
Watch the video in the first post :L

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum