Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Albus Potter

Albus Potter
So I've been studying at university for a couple of years so far, but I getting quite bored of it. I asked a few friends about how they found out what they wanted to do in life... because as of yet i still don't know what i truly want to do. (I can have a 2 year gap from university before my course profile ends).

I questioned my mum about joining the military (My family tree contains many high ranks in defence forces around the world), but all she said was, "I don't want you to be a hero as well".

Question:: What do you think this means?

Back to my life - I'm probably going to drop out of University for a few years until i find out what i want a career in... until then i guess i'll be going for a local government job, continue going to the gym, club sports, computer games, dj, photography... maybe...

Question:: Should i ignore my mothers wishes?

Yep, not sure what I should do at the moment, failing some of my courses because of these 'choices/stress'... What should i do?

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
Slayer!

Penguin414

Penguin414
a) by not 'being a hero' she means she doesn't want you getting killed in the army

b) I'm very anti military as 99% of wars are completely pointless and should never happen so I don't want to support my country being dumb. So I would say no. But you have to do what you want to do.

sharppool

sharppool
do whatever makes you happy. Don't listen to anyone else's opinion, even your mothers'. You have the choice and the right to do what you want in life, so i think you should do whatever you enjoy even if it does go against your mothers' request.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum