Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1oh god this feels so good Empty oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Ganon Sheik

Ganon Sheik
I can't even describe the good feeling after visiting this homepage, the website layout, the moderator forums section, the two big ass buttons at the top, the old logo, this is going to be so great.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

who has registered?

TL;DR: a fan based remake of RuneScape from 2006, you don't need to use your RS password or anything, its not a scam site, there are over 150k registered, 17 days till it is live.

2oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I've already. Though I'd doubt I'd even play since it wouldn't be the same character I started with.

3oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Ganon Sheik

Ganon Sheik
I won't play, but it makes me happy that it is being made and I'll support it and maybe mess a little with it.

4oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I guess '06 is also pre-clan chat aswell.
Although clan chats did seperate me from public chat, I remember I use to talk to those people a lot.

5oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Kun

Kun
still won't feel the same tbh

6oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:33 pm

sharppool

sharppool
^.

we're too mature now. well, i speak for myself >.>

7oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Tank_P0wnz

Tank_P0wnz
You can bring back the layout of 2006, but you can't bring back the community of 2006.

8oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Warillusen wrote:I've already. Though I'd doubt I'd even play since it wouldn't be the same character I started with.

Funny story, Invis told me about it a while ago and I made a few accounts on it.

One of them being Warillusen.

9oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Dickhole.

10oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Let's just hope that Jagex doesn't slam it with a cease and desist the moment it goes public.

11oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
Tank_P0wnz wrote:You can bring back the layout of 2006, but you can't bring back the community of 2006.

See, the thing is, the people who will play this are the people who were part of that community back in 06, it's not all the idiots who are in the current community (I'm not saying everyone is an idiot, just a significant number of people are).

From what I've seen on their forums so far, it's actually quite a decent community and I am looking forward to playing it without it all just being about grinding to get to the top.

12oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 am

Owen

Owen
I don't understand the difference between this and private servers. <_<

13oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:15 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
It feels more public.

14oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
It is a private server. In that it is a person (/persons) who are running their own version of the game.

The difference with this is that it is a direct remake. None of the crap like 100x xp, spawning items, or just everyone is pking all the time, it's a remake, everything that was there on the 15th of May (I think) 2006 will be there, everything that wasn't won't be.

That's the difference. It's a HUGE difference.

15oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 am

Owen

Owen
There are private servers from 2006 with the same xp rates/drop rates etc.

..So to say that's the difference, Unless I misunderstood.. >_>

16oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:12 am

Est

Est
yeah but this one has 160k+ registered accounts and whatnot.

17oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
They say they built everything themselves but for those who can't see past their obvious lie, this is based upon the original private server version and only has a few bits of code adjusted and what not to bring it in line with all of the 2006 updates.

18oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 am

Owen

Owen
Est wrote:yeah but this one has 160k+ registered accounts and whatnot.

That probably only relates to 5k people (roughly averaging) at a time though.

I've seen private servers with that many people online.

(Not mentioning that they >could< have added to that figure fairly easily)

Um.. what was my next point..
*forgets*

I'll repost if I remember <_<

edit:

Okay, after I pressed post, I remembered.

I'm not hating on them or anything, I just don't see what they're doing different to the other private servers out there. I get the reasons behind wanting to do this..

19oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
My point exactly Owen. The majority of private servers are all dated to the same year which was 2006 unsurprisingly and the only real difference is where people are allowed to attack each other and things like special teleport locations.

I don't see why everyone is so interested in this. Even though they say they aren't using the private server download they are and it's breaking all the same rules that the other private servers break. Jagex will more than likely sue them as soon as it starts to get popular. If Jagex know they can kill off a community and the players will return to normal Runescape they will.

20oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 am

Owen

Owen
Owen wrote:

(Not mentioning that they >could< have added to that figure fairly easily)

Well, since I had post-99 depression, I decided to look at how it was coded.

'turns out, it's literally a figure they manually change. <_<

21oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Wow you two are negative about this, give me a link to another direct remake of RS, not one that is just F2P or any crap like that. I have not seen a single other one like this out there.

Also, yes, they have based a lot of the code off of the base engine that a lot of private servers use, they say that themselves, but they have also significantly changed it and even that engine is lacking because of what other private servers do.

As for the number of players, it is significant, you can tell by the forums.

You two can stick with current RS, I'm not stopping you, but Jagex have fucked the entire game up so much that I don't want to play it anymore. Just you wait and see how this one turns out.

22oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Well, if you think it's going to be successful I should probably start looking into getting a bot that works for it. Then I can sell the gold I make from it to the idiots who play it.

I'm guessing another 50,000 people or more will also be having the same idea.

23oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:52 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Now everyone's just getting bitchy.

24oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Est

Est
Vanilla990 wrote:If Jagex know they can kill off a community and the players will return to normal Runescape they will.

Most people wouldn't come back just because jagex killed off a private server, there are thousands of other servers, they'd just relocate.

25oh god this feels so good Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Owen

Owen
Okay, so i'ma try and explain my points better;

There are private servers running multiple worlds (2,000 people) out there, and if you want the "old style" of rs back, They can give you it. Sure, it's not going to be as Professional(?) as the one above, but there are servers for pretty much anything you want to do.

The main benefit from this one i've seen is that, someone said "XP rates will be the same as 2006 RS" - Is that really a good thing? Do you want to restart RuneScape knowing the amount of hours you've put into the actual game? (Unless i'm mistaken here)

Don't get me wrong, I know Jagex have totally messed up the actual RS (beyond repair in my opinion), but to start something like this, just seems like a waste of time to me. If you want the memories of old rs(?) why would you want the grind that goes with it?

As Van(?) said, as soon as this gets really popular, Jagex will probably just sue them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum