Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
There is so much more advertising than there was then. I see Runesacape Ads almost everywhere it's annoying, I'm gonna say that's the reason.

27RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 am

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:There is so much more advertising than there was then. I see Runesacape Ads almost everywhere it's annoying, I'm gonna say that's the reason.

I don't think i've ever seen any adverts for runescape. I always see adverts for RS GP, RS power leveling (Which has nothing to do with JaGex ofcourse.)

How can too much advertising be a bad thing? >.>

28RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 am

Capacitor

Capacitor
Owen wrote:
Warillusen wrote:There is so much more advertising than there was then. I see Runesacape Ads almost everywhere it's annoying, I'm gonna say that's the reason.

I don't think i've ever seen any adverts for runescape. I always see adverts for RS GP, RS power leveling (Which has nothing to do with JaGex ofcourse.)

How can too much advertising be a bad thing? >.>

When people start going out of their way to PURPOSELY avoid the product because it's clusterfucked everywhere.

29RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Owen

Owen
Meh. That's my opinion that there aren't enough "new" players coming into the game, and perhaps it's not the lack of advertising. (As I first thought)

If Jagex were going to shut down Runescape, I really do think they're heading towards it.

Bad updates - Voluntary People Quitting

Then.. the "Runescape has become unprofitable - and therefore has to be shutdown" will happen.

But who knows, As far as I am aware, They're still making huge profits.

[if that point makes sense, what-so-ever]

30RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Dialga

Dialga
Owen wrote:I posted this, because I remember.. when I started Runescape, you would see.. maybe.. 100 level 3s, all starting together. (on the training island) and, well.. not that I have checked recently, but I never see any level 3s in lummy.

I remember that Tongue Personally, I wish they'd bring all that back. Instead of this gay dragon tutorial

31RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Don't know why they can't keep the current character creation and bring back Tutorial Island.

32RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
runescape is not going to be shut down any time soon

33RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Dialga

Dialga
Cyrus44 wrote:runescape is not going to be shut down any time soon

ya

34RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
It is estimated that JAGEX made around £29,500,000 profit over 2010 when taking into account paying wages and other such. However, a bit of that money has been re-invested into the development of Stellar Dawn and FourthScape.

JAGEX release there figures and such on their Corporate website every year with figures for various things.

35RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Albus Potter

Albus Potter
eeeeh can you guys start doing tl;dr
im getting lazy

+

oh wait wasn't there mean to be a belt slot?

36RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Zheph

Psp Trusz wrote:
Don't be surprised if they start selling gold or in-game items soon.
What's that you say?

37RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 am

Alexei

Alexei
Ha!

And that's one of the reasons why I'm not longer around.

38RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Owen

Owen
Yeah, i've stopped playing also.

Although i'll be visiting global every so often.

39RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:50 am

StephenCopen

StephenCopen
Owen wrote:Yeah, i've stopped playing also.

Although i'll be visiting global every so often.
Sad(

40RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Ahaha. Solomond.

41RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 pm

StephenCopen

StephenCopen
You must adapt to survive. Quit complaining and join Jagex as they change.

42RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
StephenCopen wrote:You must adapt to survive. Quit complaining and join Jagex as they change.

Why should I keep giving them money when

a.) It's not something I want anymore

b.) It's obvious Jagex doesn't give a shit about me either

43RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Capacitor

Capacitor
Spoiler:

General Tip for running a successful business Jagex, don't pull shit like that. No one likes giving their money to assholes.

If you don't think the name is a double entendre, you're deluded.

44RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:16 pm

невидимый

невидимый
The only game that I feel did micro transactions right is Team Fortress 2.

45RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 am

Green

Green
Browsing tech support section of the forums when I see this thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jagex mod comes in and assures that it will be fixed.

Then this fucker comes in and starts talking about the squeal of fortune

Everyone gets in a rage and he says this.

And he ends it off with a poor Forest Gump reference to try and fix it.

Jesus christ..

46RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 am

NickVo

NickVo
24/7 customer support troll

https://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

47RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 am

sky

sky
Why even suggest doing other things in the game? The point of members paying is to do what they want in-game, when they want. Not at the leasure of the Dev Team and whenever the hell they decide to figure out all the shit they broke in the first place.

Jagex seriously needs to test these features more thoroughly than they already do. Why not open up beta to F2P with full access to everything to play. However, every 1-3 months (or new content release) all the data is wiped and reset back to reflect where your characters skills actually are. Open that up, and even with a limited amount of players accessing it, they are test things more thoroughly, for free.

It astonishes me how poorly they operate sometimes, but what really irks me is the fact that a Mod decides to tell everyone "Just do something else if its broken!" followed up with a suggestion to do something that they all should know by now was not received well in the first place! That is horrible PR, and that guy should be fired.

/rank

-sky Laughing

48RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
You Mod Bro?

Also sky, please, just please stop posting your text as white, it burns my eyes.

49RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Owen

Owen

"Well this thread sure got derailed."

"Question: What is your favorite sport and why?"

<_< Epic.

50RuneScape is coming to an end - Page 2 Empty Re: RuneScape is coming to an end Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:07 am

sky

sky
Is this Jmod 12 years old?

-sky Laughing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum