Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nostalgia Thread! Empty Nostalgia Thread! Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Ganon Sheik

Ganon Sheik
Nostalgia thread, post early memories.

Elvarg! The group of us wannabe Elvarg slayers huddled in the corner, behind the wall. One of us ran out to kill him, but he soon died, dropping shimp that I picked up to help me along, even though they heal 2 hitpoints. What is this? He has a few swordfish! 14 hitpoints! I run to attack Elvarg. He is almost dead! Oh no quick eat all my shrimp as I am low on health! The other person hiding behind the wall is attacking my Elvarg! oh no! I just wasted all that food! He just killed Elvarg. What? I'm teleported out and I was given the kill? I can wear rune platebodies now?!
RS2, 2006

I first started playing the summer of 06, I was lost and lumby was a confusing area. I was near the goblin hut when, out of confusion and lostness I shouted out "Who wants to be my friend!" "I do!" shouted one player, whom I still have on my friends list for the memory. We walked to the south varrock mine where he showed me how to mine tin and copper.

One player made me a full set of iron armour and gave me a free 10k! That was so amazing! Another player had me follow them north of varrock. Oh no they are attacking me! I quickly run away, but they have a bow! I run west, not knowing to run south, running across the mini hills in low level wilderness. I died!!!?!? My free iron and 10k! The person wont give me back my items. Their name is xmrangexm or something similar to that, still on my ignore list. I was so mad.

My brother is killing cows. A person named yoshi123 or something similar is buying bones for 100 gp each! I make him kill cows for hours because "thats so lucky, making money that easy like never happens!".

I mined coal in f2p till 60 to buy all my armour, something a friend got me into for money making, someone I still talk to today. Earlier on me and another person started a coal mining business. I gave him all my coal for him to sell and give me the money from it. "I went near the wilderness with the coal and got pickpocketed!" he told me. I fell for it.

2Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 am

невидимый

невидимый
I shouldn't wish to remember. The induced memory would make me yearn for the past once more and then, uttering a manic cry, I would flee this refuge. However, your nostalgic recollections have amused me.

3Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
im not reading all that

4Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 am

Moto

Moto
I become someone's bitch and collect feathers for 3gp each.
I make someone my bitch and sell feathers for 5gp each.

Win.

5Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

Owen

Owen
Moto wrote:I become someone's bitch and collect feathers for 3gp each.
I make someone my bitch and sell feathers for 5gp each.

Win.

I remember those days.

I also remember getting lost between varrock and falador, and thinking the dwarfen camp thing was a huge castle. (you couldn't see it from the ground) That also reminded me of Pokemon for Gameboy colour at the time. >_> [not sure why, I was probably playing it.]

I also remember defending the demonic ruins in level 44(ish) wildy from intruders, with a friend. >_> ]

Yeah, so many more memories but I can't be bothered typing them all. >_>

6Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Fucking Mainsk8er1
Make me pick flax will she.

Anyway, I was around level 40-50, this was pre-global so maybe 2007 February or whatever. Main told me that I should never go south of seers and just continue to pick flax and if you do go south of seers you'll get lost, I showed her. I went south of seers. Past the legends guild, I made my way to Ardougne and found myself that thieving here was a good place. I walked even souther, to Yanille. It felt so unfamiliar, so I decided to turn back. Somehow I ended up in the tree the gnome maze. It was so horrible I didn't play Runescpe for 3 days until I decided I'd have to leave the maze one way or another.

7Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 am

Tank_P0wnz

Tank_P0wnz
Tutorial Island.

My friends talking about the amazing Full Dharok's back in 2005.

Same friends adventuring with me in the Varrock sewers, when I thought Moss Giants would be difficult to kill.

Taking 2 month to finish Imp Catcher because those beads were so rare.

Clicking on the world map brought up a seperate window so you could actually play and look at the world map.

My first time going to abyssal demons, the smell of Mitchum gel deodorant always reminds me of this because it's what I used at the time, and trying to attack them even though I didn't have the slayer level. I lagged out while fighting one, and I panicked. (back when lagging out didn't save you) I eventually got back on to find I had only 8hp left, but I was still alive. I thought I was going to lose my full initiate and addy 2h.

8Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 am

Est

Est
I went berserk in chat central and then joined global, got 99 str. good old times.

9Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:23 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
I remember when I first became a member I got on the waterfall quest raft, and got stuck on that island for a day or two until someone finally told me I could swim to the rock. Home tele ruins the experience for new players. >.>

Also I remember earlier that that, when I first started playing and I was following 98 around, we were walking from Edgeville to Falador and he told me we were near the wilderness and asked if I trusted him.

Then I also remember when Santa came and I got my yo-yo.

So many good times.

10Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
I remember in free to play, I had a goal. The goal was to use 100k feathers to fish Trout and Salmon, till this day that's my greatest goal. Free to play to me seemed like super intense training.

11Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Hans

Hans
I remember trying to run to the top of the slayer tower. When I got to the top there was 1 giant abyssal demon that killed me in 2 hits.
Until I got 85 slayer that's what I thought about abby demons. There's just 1 giant one at the top of the tower.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

12Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
One huge Abbysal Demon huh?

13Nostalgia Thread! Empty Re: Nostalgia Thread! Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Kun

Kun
i thought 99 slayer meant you killed everything in 1 hit

i later realized this was only true with melee

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]