Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Vanilla990 wrote:Well, if you think it's going to be successful I should probably start looking into getting a bot that works for it. Then I can sell the gold I make from it to the idiots who play it.

I'm guessing another 50,000 people or more will also be having the same idea.

I admit, that was just bitter.

Owen wrote:
The main benefit from this one i've seen is that, someone said "XP rates will be the same as 2006 RS" - Is that really a good thing? Do you want to restart RuneScape knowing the amount of hours you've put into the actual game? (Unless i'm mistaken here)

That's generally my main situation of not playing it. I've already put too many hours into my current character and it wouldn't feel the same as it'd use to since I already know what's going on.
As I started Runescape in 2006 I was completely oblivious to everything, I didn't know anything at all. Anything that I wanted to know was from the general public like at one point someone was to talking to his friend and had said something along the lines that There are moderators out there who stand around and choose who get random events or from Sam, my tutor at the time.
I guess knowing too much isn't as much fun as going into unknown territory and exploring all the features by yourself. I also remember digging up information about Esh, she stated on this weird site that the best way of making money was to smith armour and sell them to the specialty shops since they buy it for more. I'm probably drifting off here but my point is you'll never play Runescape for the first time again.

27oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Shad

Shad
We all want to be in Professor Oak's lab for the first time again.
But that time is gone and he's since been substituted for increasingly crappy replacements, and the Pokemon around you aren't the same either.

28oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
Vanilla990 wrote:Well, if you think it's going to be successful I should probably start looking into getting a bot that works for it. Then I can sell the gold I make from it to the idiots who play it.

That's where you are wrong. People get no benefit from botting in this community, there is no real point in them doing it when they can just bot in regular RS anyway.

Thanks for bring out that you consider me an idiot simply because I will play a remake of a game that I used to love. It's good to know that you've come to determine things this way.

As for what Owen said, you still have not given me a link as I asked to a private server that runs that is actually a remake.

The 1x xp is the entire idea, I go on a server that has 100x xp, and I get 99 runecrafting in a few hours, there's no point. With 1x xp, people will be deterred from simply grinding and will actually play the game as a game rather than the repetitive 99 grind that it is today. I personally will be repeating the quests again as they were because that's one of the main things I loved about RS with the occasional leveling for that purpose.

I'm not going to go into all the "Runescape is shit for all these reasons", but it's not the Runescape I love, and this has a high chance of giving me another chance to play it as it was.

The huge amount of negativity the two of you are expressing surprises me.

And to Shad, it's not about being there again for the first time, it's just like getting your pokemon red, erasing the save and playing again. Sure, you know what's coming, but it's still a fun, nostalgic experience.

29oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Penguin414 wrote:just like getting your pokemon red, erasing the save and playing again. Sure, you know what's coming, but it's still a fun, nostalgic experience.

And when saves no longer work, it's like that every time you play. (Unless you never turn it off.)

30oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
@414

I never once insinuated that you personally are an idiot. I said that I can sell the gold to the idiots who will play it. There are idiots in normal Runescape, those are the ones who bot and buy/sell gold. More than likely some of that community will pass over to 2006scape if it gets popular. Of which, by then I will have no care for botting because it's not run by Jagex and they can't really sue me because it could backfire on them and get them into more trouble.

I understand people want to play that sort of thing for nostalgia reasons but I agree with Owen, I don't see much difference between this and any other private server really other than exp rates and a few other bits. Tbh, there are probably a dozen or more private servers with the same exp ratio so it's not like this is the big advantage 2006scape will have other other servers.

Runescape is turning into the MMO is should always have been. Yeah, there have been a few bad updates in the past but Runescape is on the up and I can't wait for the rest of the awesome updates Jagex are releasing this year.

31oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Vanilla990 wrote:Runescape is turning into the MMO is should always have been. Yeah, there have been a few bad updates in the past but Runescape is on the up and I can't wait for the rest of the awesome updates Jagex are releasing this year.

We are have clearly reached a disagreement.

32oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:18 am

Owen

Owen
Penguin414 wrote:

As for what Owen said, you still have not given me a link as I asked to a private server that runs that is actually a remake.

The 1x xp is the entire idea, I go on a server that has 100x xp, and I get 99 runecrafting in a few hours, there's no point. With 1x xp, people will be deterred from simply grinding and will actually play the game as a game rather than the repetitive 99 grind that it is today. I personally will be repeating the quests again as they were because that's one of the main things I loved about RS with the occasional leveling for that purpose.

I'm not going to go into all the "Runescape is shit for all these reasons", but it's not the Runescape I love, and this has a high chance of giving me another chance to play it as it was.

The huge amount of negativity the two of you are expressing surprises me.

And to Shad, it's not about being there again for the first time, it's just like getting your pokemon red, erasing the save and playing again. Sure, you know what's coming, but it's still a fun, nostalgic experience.

A link to a remade runescape from 2006? -Looks at pretty much every private server- Technically speaking, they're all remakes in their own way. It's owners "improving" the parts of the game they enjoy, e.g. Pking (mainly [since Jagex messed that up so badly]).

Check this website out;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a ranking system for private servers (if you download anything from this site, it's at your own risk) [nor am I suggesting you to]
My point is, the top.. 4 of these are version "317" of runescape, which is basically 2006-ish. My point with this is, the rank 1 private server (currently) has around 3k people online, split over 2 worlds that's 1.5k people (assuming they use 2 worlds, I don't know/nor do I care since my rsps days are over.) That would be pretty much exactly the same as old-runescape.

Sure, the xp rates probably wouldn't be the same, but.. with private servers they fairly regularly do rollbacks/resets due to bugs etc. If you think that 2006-one will be different, i'm fairly suprised. Sure, they can spend many hours coding, developing, QAing etc. etc. but the point is, that (i'm assuming) they don't have millions of €£$ to spend fixing all of the issues. So you can't say "Oh, well this will be flawless with no account resets etc.", which is one of the biggest problems.

I'm not sure I got my point across there very well, but if you don't understand just ask.

(Gtg i'll edit this tomorrow) [well probably carry on when there are some replies]

33oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:22 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
None of those servers are anything like a full remake, they are exactly what they said, partial remakes that have been completely changed and are completely lacking in most areas of the game. Most of them just make the wilderness and F2P areas and heck, even most of them you can't actually skill or quest. So stop telling me that all the other private servers are like this one, because they are not.

And I'm not saying it will be flawless, but they are going to go through extensive bug testing. But either way, I will be able to quest like I did in old RS, because this is the only private server I have actually seen that actually has/will have fully integrated quests.

As for not having millions of dollars, neither did Jagex. Jagex progressed their game quite far without having any money, and have you seen some of the things indie game companies do without money? It doesn't change how good they are, it just changes development time as they normally have to do it in their spare time.

They don't have to develop any art assets (Which is a huge area of development), and a lot of the coding was already done, so there isn't actually -that- much stuff to do. Just wait for the pre-alpha testing to come out and see.

34oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:59 am

Owen

Owen
I feel my point isn't being expressed clearly.

IF you're looking for the full package of things being remade i.e. skills, pking, markets, quests etc. etc. Then sure, go for the 2006-thing.

My point is, You could pick one of those things, goto a private server dedicated to that direct thing, and then.. do that thing. bored of that one thing? Change server.

My point I guess is.. Private servers allow you to experience "olden" things, in a shortened period of time. Unless i'm misunderstanding the point here, you don't ideally want to spend x hours training something "like the good old days" you want the experience of doing the thing how it "should be done"? Right?

As you said, most of the code is already there, to which I would point back to..
1. Jagex will sue them if it gets "popular".
2. It's the same >slightly modified< code that private servers use.
(in the end all private servers are slightly modified code)

Gah. am I missing something? Has anyone played a private server for an extended period of time?

35oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
Owen wrote:IF you're looking for the full package of things being remade i.e. skills, pking, markets, quests etc. etc. Then sure, go for the 2006-thing.

My point is, You could pick one of those things, goto a private server dedicated to that direct thing, and then.. do that thing. bored of that one thing? Change server.

Gah. am I missing something? Has anyone played a private server for an extended period of time?

You're not missing anything, you just said my exact point. You can't have the full experience with all the other servers, they just each give you a separate piece. That's like going out to get fast food and having a burger, going to the first store, buying and eating some bread, then at the next store, buying and eating some cheese, then at the next store... etc. It's not at all the same experience.

I don't want to get a few levels doing something, then just jump to another server where I am a level 126 with full gear and do stuff, I want the actual experience.

And as I said, I am yet to see a private server with full implementation of quests. And yes, I DO want to do things the old way, I'm not playing it for the shit 99 grind that runescape is now, I'm playing it for the small parts of skilling that I will do in order to do quests, and doing it for enjoyment.

And yes, I have played some private servers, but almost all of them are just like, oh, I want this item -spawn item-, and I am yet to see one that is not based solely around PKing. I don't play Runescape to PK, and I never have.

36oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
There was a private server called DeltaScape which had all the skills fully working, no extra teleports or spell book changes, I think exp was at 1.5x and you couldn't spawn items. They had a decent community of about 7000 players so it wasn't exactly a crappy server.

They ran it like a proper server and would perform updates to the client used and the game to make it run smoother. They would do competitions for prizes and stuff.

37oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Owen

Owen
I took down a private server once. <_< funny stuff.

2k players to 0 in less than a week. ;3

I guess what you said 414, Private servers have a tendancy for account resets etc. so, when you say you want everything in 1, I just can't help but think putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea. <_<

..Oh, and since my bug-fixing point wasn't exactly very well written, my point was.. Jagex fix over 20 bugs almost weekly, to say that a smaller game-of the same game(?) could keep up with those. Which are even harder to find-since less people are telling them about them.

Anyway, that's a side point.

38oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Van, from what I've seen quickly looking that up, it was very unfinished, and isn't even running anymore. Also it stated on two of the sites I saw that it was 90x xp. So it's not really valid unless I've got the information wrong.

As for the account resets, there is on happening after the pre alpha (for obvious reasons), but they have stated they will not be resetting accounts. And it's not like I'm putting anything into it, I don't have to pay to play it and I'm playing it to have fun, not for the grind like I have said many times. I'm not playing to get 99 in every skill so it's not a problem if it ends or my account gets reset. My time put in is only for fun and nostalgia.

As for Jagex, they ran the game fine BEFORE there was hundreds of thousands of members (even before just thousands, and even before members existed). There is a decently sized team of developers who are giving their time to create the game and will fix bugs for as long as it takes. As the game won't have to be updated weekly like the current version of Runescape, it will be much easier to maintain.

The forum community is very tightly woven and all bugs will be reported to developers. Even in the videos that have been put out, things as simple as timing between chatbox and actions have been mentioned by future players, it's the kind of community that cares about what the game will be.

39oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 am

Owen

Owen
I just don't get it.

..but that's just me I guess.

40oh god this feels so good - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god this feels so good Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
You don't get what? I thought I had made my point fairly clear.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum