Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Why did it take an hour.. I don't.. what?
If you can't be bothered explaining we'll continue pestering you until you do. I really don't understand the deadline for this anyway, DWGC has always been about having fun and doing it at the same time, made people who weren't too close to Global Chat come together and see that and think "Hey, I'm in this video along with all the other members." You're restricting this Owen. Weren't you at one point all about new members and whatever.

102Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 am

Kun

Kun
Owen might've set the deadline due to personal reasons. Maybe he'll be busy later in the month or something. He does have a job, what makes you think he doesn't have other matters to attend to that are more important than Rs or the video?

103Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:35 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Then the responsibility of DWGC should've been passed to Van for it was his turn.

104Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Owen wrote:That doesn't make sense.

I've done what i've done all week, and since i've said today is the last day.. i've recoreded a lot more people today than any other day (I know today is saturday) people have been saying to me daily "when's the last day?"

When I said 2 hours a day, that isn't 2 hours straight, sure it wont work as well for aussies, because im working most of the day (night in australia)..

Anyway, I cba explaining it anymore.

It takes a lot more work than you might think.
It took an hour to record 2 people yesterday.

It makes perfect sense. People like me haven't seen you on so we haven't had a chance, you said it was the last day so I had to then struggle to find you and only ended up managing because of Cyrus telling me. I wasn't waiting for the last day, I just had to find you on the last day because it came about so suddenly and you are hard to find. Of course you are going to record more people on the last day when you are only spending 2 hours online each day and nobody gets the chance to find you. Maybe the fact that you've only done 27 people is evidence to that point but of course we're just all against you and trying to say you're doing everything wrong.

People want to know the last day for reasons such as this, I have a job, just like you, I also have friends in the real world who I meet up with giving me less time at home. The time I have at home, being limited, makes me have to find time to do things in the future. By knowing the deadline of when you finish I can go, 'Oh, he's going to be recording this Saturday, the only time I'm free, I'll pencil that in for Saturday then'. People aren't leaving things to the last minute on purpose. One week isn't long at all in the grand scheme of things.

"sure it wont work as well for aussies" Considering the fact that a large percentage of the clan are Aussies / Oceanic region, that's a terrible point to bring up to defend yourself. And the fact that you can't be bothered even putting effort into explaining yourself, why are you bothering to put any effort into this anyway?

Now I'm not trying to say you're not doing any work, coordinating people is a bitch and I know that. But what I am saying is that considering you're all about getting more people into the clan and the clan community, you're not doing incredibly well at including the entire clan in this clan video by having so many restrictions. You should give it at least another week minimum because incase you didn't know, at the beginning of school holidays many people go on week+ long holidays away from computers.

105Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
We do have a fair bit of younglings and they don't break until close to Christmas.

106Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

невидимый

невидимый
Record me. Just wait until you have everyone who is interested recorded, what's the big rush to meet a deadline?

107Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 am

Owen

Owen
Ugh, ffs.

To start, I said I didn't want to carry it on, because I didn't want to get drawn into a huge discussion about it; further limiting my time of when I can actually get on RS.

I said people are leaving it to the last day because of what people have said to me.. I have had at least 5 people say "tell me when the last day is to record and i will do it then" mainly because they don't know where they want to dance. Yes, war, 1 hour to record 2 people. That was mainly due to people either.. doing something they don't want to break from to dance, i.e. a slayer task. or having no idea where they want to dance.

"it should have been vans turn" - Thank you so much for the motivation.
Dancing with global chat was my idea, therefore if I want to make the video, I will? Van was fine with it when we spoke about it. The reason van did one was because I had quit RS at the time.

Related to the timezones, I said "it doesn't work out for aussies too well" because.. that's the time zones.. What am I ament to do? I'm working during the day, so the only time I get to go on RS is between .. 5Pm-10Pm GMT. which is what.. 3am-8am? That is not my fault.

Now, regards to the deadline.. I said today was the deadline, but as I have told a few people also, I will be recording all this week. However, I am not going to be chasing people up that haven't recorded. If you want to set a time on here, then fine, I will be there. (providing it's reasonable for both of us) The deadline was a more of a wakeup call for people to actually put a little effort in and think of somewhere to dance.

108Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Yeah, Me and Owen spent ages discussing it and I said that Owen could do DWGC4 as he said he would like to and I said I would work on the forums instead.

I said that I would like to do it next year, seeing as Owen currently has lost interest in Runescape, it seems that the idea is open to me for next year. If Owen wants to do it next year, maybe we can have another discussion and both record bits and stick it together.

I understand that Owen has assignments that need to be done, I have several to do as well but the point I was making the other day when 98 was online was that not a lot of schools break up until the end of next week and that if Owen was to stop the other day, he would more than likely miss out a fair amount of people.

There has always been a tradition of posting the video up just before Christmas, usually between the 20-24th December as they have Christmas messages at the end of them. I have no problem with this again. When I did DWGC2, I tried to meet this deadline but I failed. I can understand Owen trying to get everyone recorded quickly, however finishing recording on the 10th is a bit early imo. In fact, it could have been beneficial to Owen to start editing all of the recorded bits the other day and then he won't have as much to edit when it comes to the last lot of people.

109Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 am

Hans

Hans
You were able to get on while I was on Owen.
And surely you could have been on more during the weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

110Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 am

Owen

Owen
Psp Trusz wrote:You were able to get on while I was on Owen.
And surely you could have been on more during the weekend?

How do you know how long I was on during the weekend?

I've been on for about 5 hours in 1 1/2 days, which since I don't even play RS I think is quite a lot of time.

The reason I said it was the last day was to get people to actually put a little effort into getting it recorded. I am still going to be recording till next week.

111Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:05 am

Soul

Soul
You know, maybe everybody could pitch in and give up a little time to do this if they are really committed to it.

Maybe Owen could give up his time and say he will be in the lobby from 8 P.M. to 9 P.M. GMT (just an example) every day this week, instead of logging in and out for shorter periods of time over a longer time span; that way, everyone will know exactly what time he'll be there (since that seems to be the problem).

Maybe the people who are complaining that they haven't been able to find Owen could then find him at that certain time. So what if that's 6 A.M. for you? Suck it up. It's a once a year thing and does not need to take very long. Set your alarm and get it done. Go back to sleep or just get up for the day.

You're all trying to get the same thing done here, so it's best to just cooperate and get it over with.

112Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
What if 6am was when someone started work?

113Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 am

Soul

Soul
Then I'd feel bad for them. That would suck >_>

Anyway there's always exceptions. I'm sure it'd be easy to ask for and find a specific time that works for both people. If anyone can't get ahold of Owen, then they can get ahold of me because I talk to Owen every day, and can be the middleman there.

114Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
That's why the deadline should be later, everyone's break is around/close to Christmas.

115Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:37 am

Soul

Soul
I agree on the deadline being pretty early. I would just suggest it going through at least the 18th, which is a week before Christmas. In the scheme of things, a week before Christmas sounds like a pretty good deadline, and the video-making won't have to be rushed.

I don't know when break starts for everyone else, but over here it starts Saturday, so if the deadline is Sunday night, that gives people the whole weekend to get themselves in before the deadline.

Just a thought.

116Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 am

Owen

Owen
The reason I said yesterday was the deadline was to get others to put a little effort in trying to get it recorded. Rather than personally chasing everyone up.

Before yesterday, I had about.. 12 people recorded? In a weeks work. Sure, i'm being dishonest, but it makes it much easier.

I don't understand what people are complaining about really to be honest.

117Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 am

Owen

Owen
Well, i'm glad this is cleared up then.

.. I'll try recording people later on tonight, about 8pm gmt if anyone is still waiting.

118Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:10 am

Ap Llwyd

we done the recording, song skrillex-equinox ;D

119Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 am

Owen

Owen
Thanks ^.^

120Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
So you're giving another week?

121Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Kun

Kun
Seems like it

122Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Owen

Owen
Last week was the last week that I was going to chase people up, I'm still allowing people to record, mainly people who post here to say "Hey Owen, I haven't been recorded yet"

Like i've said a million times now, I said it was the last week last week to get people to actually say "okay ill do it now." since.. i'd say 50% of people were saying "I'll do it another time"

That and, I didn't know how busy i'd be this week with work.

123Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 am

Alexei

Alexei
Cheers for not leaving me out mate Laughing sorry to be one of those that left it last minute (it was mainly because I haven't been around for 4 months)

As for the song...I'll let you pick if you want, but if you're busy then 0:58-1:08of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would work for me!

Nice one.

124Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:12 am

Owen

Owen
No worries ^.^

125Dancing with Global Chat 4!  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dancing with Global Chat 4! Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 am

невидимый

невидимый
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

0:40 to 0:51 so as not to cut out any words.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum