Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Owen

Owen
Mod Nexus wrote:
Becoming one of the walking dead and overindulgence in sugary treats are just two of the risks that we face over the Halloween period, and both are likely to turn you green in the face. To celebrate this sickliest of seasons, RuneScape Membership Card customers redeeming 30 or 35 day cards between the 20th of October 2011 and the 4th of November 2011 will unlock the option to turn their character’s skin green at the Makeover Mage or Diango.

Although this offer is limited to the dates above, the colour change option will be permanently available once unlocked, so zombies, sugar-fiends and those spending time in Burgh de Rott can maintain an appropriately peaky pallor all year round.

Of course, as well as this limited-time free gift, the cards also open up a vast amount of members-only content, including this month’s high-level Dominion Tower, over 150 members’ quests, 9 members’ skills and the ability to unlock some great gear from our exclusive Members Loyalty Programme.

This offer is available through all retailers selling RuneScape Membership Cards (not including Ultimate Game Cards or Wallie Cards/Paysafecards), in all territories where the cards may be purchased and redeemed. Take a look at our store finder for details of stockists.

Mod Nexus

*tries to get this topic back on track >_>*

Jagex be rwt'in' again.

102Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:01 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Muahahahahahahahaha Bots are a goner, this is clear proof

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even autofighter know they won't get the bots up again. Jacmob was the king of bot scripting and he's sold out for a job at JAGEX. He's using his knowledge of the client he got working to stop the rest of the botting companies getting back on. They are screwed XD

103Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:06 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
I'd assume so.

104Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:11 am

Moto

Moto
Kudos to Jagex.

105Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:29 am

Owen

Owen
Eh..

Botting is only "behind" jagex, doesn't mean it won't return in the future. I've never heard of this guy "Jacmob" before now, but the fact that Jagex has employed this person.. ofcourse he'll say "Oh yeah, jagex is miles ahead now, and botting won't catch up";
I don't really see any "big news" here; Jagex employed a previous bot-scripter? Sure; That's like Sony employing the "hackers" (from when the PSN was down for 2-3 weeks or w/e it was), they will help fix the holes in the security at sony; in the same way, this code-scripter will help Jagex. Correct me if i'm wrong; but that "Jacmob" guy said.. "I can stop botting permanenty"? You have to remember "Permanently" means.. forever. There will always be holes to be exposed in gaming; there always is. (Oh, and if you think "Jacmob" is the best of the best, there will always be people trying tomorrow.)

I know my view is negative, but that's the way I like to look at things, yell at me if you want; but i'm not going to change my views. >_> I'm yet to be convinced that botting will ">Never<" return.

Kudos to Jagex for now. (even if it did take them over a year)

106Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:51 am

Moto

Moto
Owen wrote:Eh..

Botting is only "behind" jagex, doesn't mean it won't return in the future. I've never heard of this guy "Jacmob" before now, but the fact that Jagex has employed this person.. ofcourse he'll say "Oh yeah, jagex is miles ahead now, and botting won't catch up";
I don't really see any "big news" here; Jagex employed a previous bot-scripter? Sure; That's like Sony employing the "hackers" (from when the PSN was down for 2-3 weeks or w/e it was), they will help fix the holes in the security at sony; in the same way, this code-scripter will help Jagex. Correct me if i'm wrong; but that "Jacmob" guy said.. "I can stop botting permanenty"? You have to remember "Permanently" means.. forever. There will always be holes to be exposed in gaming; there always is. (Oh, and if you think "Jacmob" is the best of the best, there will always be people trying tomorrow.)

I know my view is negative, but that's the way I like to look at things, yell at me if you want; but i'm not going to change my views. >_> I'm yet to be convinced that botting will ">Never<" return.

It's just that we assume that Jacmob knows what it takes for a bot to run smoothly, and what specific things are needed. So now that Jagex have Jacmob on their side, it's a huge bonus for them. Botting will return, there's no question about that, but I think it will be a while before botting becomes a huge issue again.

P.S PSN Sucks.

107Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:54 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Owen wrote:Eh..

Botting still exists, there's no MMO out there without a type of bot but if Jagex keeps the numbers down I'm greatful for that.

108Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:16 pm

невидимый

невидимый
It's what companies do to people like him. They hire them.

109Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 am

Owen

Owen
Failex wrote:
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and UK and US account holders can mark the occasion with a hearty helping of RuneScape membership and an exclusive, non-tradable turkey hat item to adorn your head in-game and on the forums.

To take advantage of this offer, simply purchase a 90 day RuneScape Membership Card from Target (in the United States) or GAME (in the UK) and redeem it between the 18th of November 2011 and the 8th of December 2011. Next time you log in, the hat will be deposited into your bank, or sent to Diango if you don’t have space.

Not only will the card get you an exclusive item, but at $22.50 or £12.99 they’re a convenient and affordable way to stock up on membership over the winter and enjoy the great content we’ll be bringing to you as the nights draw in.

The RuneScape Team

No Jagex, just no.
It's not even been 30 days since people bought a "go green for halloween" (30 day) card.

110Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

невидимый

невидимый
Eew.

111Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 am

Ganon Sheik

Ganon Sheik
Update: Runescape is dead. Its pretty much official now, this is the year of runescapes death.

112Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:47 am

Est

Est
Ganon Sheik wrote:Update: Runescape is dead. Its pretty much official now, this is the year of runescapes death.

113Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
It might be dead in terms of players online, well technically there's been about 10% decrease in the number of actual players online but generally, these years content updates have been decent. Admittedly a lot of them have been graphically based and I am fine with that, they are trying to bring Runescape's graphics up to a similar level of other MMO's on the market which makes sense. One Piercing Note was a great quest, first fully voiced and it has a nice storyline to it. ROTM! Nuff said, that sort of speaks for itself really. The updates that are coming out in 2012 sound awesome as well. I don't think Runescape is over yet. They have said they will not disown Runescape until at least 2015 (i.e. 15th anniversary).

114Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:17 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Runescape looks dead without the bots firemaking at the G E, swarming yew trees, mining the coals in the mining guild. I'm sticking to this, just like if Global Chat ever will die for whatever reason. I'm staying in there till the end. I'm no pussy.

115Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Warillusen wrote:Runescape looks dead without the bots firemaking at the G E, swarming yew trees, mining the coals in the mining guild. I'm sticking to this, just like if Global Chat ever will die for whatever reason. I'm staying in there till the end. I'm no pussy.

Same. I've spent nearly 5 years on my account, might as well spend another 3 while I'm at Uni and try get my max/completionist cape before then.

116Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 am

Owen

Owen
Mr V wrote:They have said they will not disown Runescape until at least 2015 (i.e. 15th anniversary).

Interesting.

117Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:12 am

Alexei

Alexei
Eh, I'll be around 6-12 months on 3-18 off as always. Not getting rid of me that easily.

118Death of runescape discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:46 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
'sif.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum