Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
I sort of understand what your saying Owen, and it links in with war's comment as well.

Yeah, you could argue the game was better when we were younger, back then, we had lower levels, it was harder to obtain money legitimately, you enjoyed things more because you were at that age where you thought a lot of things were cool and good.

Now we are all teenagers/young adults, we've begun to lose interest. Not because JAGEX is isn't releasing content for adults now, but because things that we really enjoyed back then have slowly lost their appeal as we have gotten older.

*Cough* Typical Teenager *Cough* "Cba to do that, I'd rather sit on my arse and do jack shit"

I know some of us don't exactly say that but it applies to us all, its like "Ahhhh damn it! Got Iron Drags as my Slayer task, cba to do that", Teenagers have that attitude where they cant be arsed to do much at all and its probably partly the blame for why we seem to think Runescape is going down hill so much.

For a new player in f2p, logging in one day and everything being old graphics and then logging in the next to find theres brand new tree graphics, brand new graphics for the buildings, new music, its probably quite "cool" for them because they aren't used to it, its another problem as players become higher levels, theres less content and everything just seems to be one big blur.

27Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
I was free to play for most of my Runescape times. I never read updates, I just played because friends were playing it. I was 13 when I started Runescape, Everybody in year 7 played it talked about it. Runescape was enjoyable with friends, now the only person I know irl who still plays Runescape is Sam even then she's inactive.

RSMVs died along with Luckybucket, all there is now is clusterfuck of colours.
The only problem I see with Castle Wars now is that there is a lot less people who play it.
Why would you even complain about KQ? Everybody knows it was bound to happen, that it'd be topped by a stronger boss.
Who the hell did actually Rev hunt? It was terrible. I don't know how far you're talking back but Revs to me was very recent. Even if it was 3 years ago.

The game was funner when we were young (and stupid).

28Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:05 am

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:I was free to play for most of my Runescape times. I never read updates, I just played because friends were playing it. I was 13 when I started Runescape, Everybody in year 7 played it talked about it. Runescape was enjoyable with friends, now the only person I know irl who still plays Runescape is Sam even then she's inactive.

RSMVs died along with Luckybucket, all there is now is clusterfuck of colours.
The only problem I see with Castle Wars now is that there is a lot less people who play it.
Why would you even complain about KQ? Everybody knows it was bound to happen, that it'd be topped by a stronger boss.
Who the hell did actually Rev hunt? It was terrible. I don't know how far you're talking back but Revs to me was very recent. Even if it was 3 years ago.

The game was funner when we were young (and stupid).

I used to rev hunt for the majority of my time >_> I made 3 videos about rev hunting, it was fun/scary sense of danger and all that.

I mentioned KQ because.. Jagex have released 2 "bosses" in about 2 (maybe 3) years. (TDs and Nex.) [unless you count chaos dworges or w/e they're called. the things that drop dpicks. >_> But no, they're level 112 or some bs.] for people who actually enjoy boss hunting, there really isn't a lot of choice, since.. how many times can you do a boss before getting bored?

Oh.. Castle wars.. Where to start.. (Ima put these in bullet points)
- Ballista's. Just.. why?
- -place cade- -set cade on fire- -zs spec the person trying to get up the stairs- -place cade- -set cade on fire- -zs the person trying to get up the stairs- And so on.. making it impossible to get past. (if they're good)
- Afkers. purely to get the "game" to add to their total for comp cape.
- This point is kinda 2 in 1; The rewards. ok, so the halo/armour is decent, however.. there new content is a CASTLE WARS CHINCHOMPA, which.. you buy 3 for 1 ticket? that's playing a full game and drawing it.. for 3 chinchompas.. I could understand if it was say.. 20k gp for 3.. or something someone would actually pay.. (I know they're not regular chinchompas, but they suck.) and, because the rewards aren't.. "good" enough in my opinion, people think they can just sit back at the base "defending" when really, the other team is winning 5-0 and they're defending. (ok rant over.)

Van; "*Cough* Typical Teenager *Cough* "Cba to do that, I'd rather sit on my arse and do jack shit""

I don't fully agree with that either, I know what you're saying, however, something I think you're overlooking is..
well, let's use slayer as the example. What benefit is there of getting 99 slayer now a days? The cape? Ok, cool, slayer is one of the nicest capes around, HOWEVER you will see many people walking around with them, which doesn't make you "stand out" in the crowd. Which to me anyway, is the purpose of getting the cape. The money? and have a level 113 come up with 2b/3 phats/20 santas or whatever saying "l0l i just staked 2b and won" after you've spent weeks getting 99 slayer, which you may have made.. 50m? if you're lucky.

I feel like i'm ranting >_> I'm really trying not to sound like that, but I personally can't see any New content that makes me think.. "Oh my.. yes!" maybe it's because I don't like quests.. Who knows.

Oh.. and P.s. For a new player logging into f2p, they'd be greeted by "BUY CHEAP GOLD AT RSGOLD.NET TROLOLOLOL ONLY 0.59$ PER 1 MILLION!@" pretty sure half of them would leave.

29Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:22 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I liked it back when I hadn't discovered everything in RS.

30Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Owen wrote:
I used to rev hunt for the majority of my time >_> I made 3 videos about rev hunting, it was fun/scary sense of danger and all that.
I use to feel that when I was a noob and went Pking. Fun because I can kill someone, scary because I can't predict what my next opponent would be.

Owen wrote:I mentioned KQ because.. Jagex have released 2 "bosses" in about 2 (maybe 3) years. (TDs and Nex.) [unless you count chaos dworges or w/e they're called. the things that drop dpicks. >_> But no, they're level 112 or some bs.] for people who actually enjoy boss hunting, there really isn't a lot of choice, since.. how many times can you do a boss before getting bored?
Well once again Owen, the reason they have made more bosses is because it's what people wanted, they saw people killing a lot of KQ or KBD and decided people need more variety. I really don't see a problem with more bosses, I don't enjoy killing them myself but yes, they provide those 'PvM' kids entertainment.

Owen wrote:Oh.. Castle wars.. Where to start.. (Ima put these in bullet points)
- Ballista's. Just.. why?
- -place cade- -set cade on fire- -zs spec the person trying to get up the stairs- -place cade- -set cade on fire- -zs the person trying to get up the stairs- And so on.. making it impossible to get past. (if they're good)
- Afkers. purely to get the "game" to add to their total for comp cape.
- This point is kinda 2 in 1; The rewards. ok, so the halo/armour is decent, however.. there new content is a CASTLE WARS CHINCHOMPA, which.. you buy 3 for 1 ticket? that's playing a full game and drawing it.. for 3 chinchompas.. I could understand if it was say.. 20k gp for 3.. or something someone would actually pay.. (I know they're not regular chinchompas, but they suck.) and, because the rewards aren't.. "good" enough in my opinion, people think they can just sit back at the base "defending" when really, the other team is winning 5-0 and they're defending. (ok rant over.)
If you're not using ballistas then what would it matter on other's account. Those ballistas aren't even that powerful.
You're angry at a tactic people use? Or the Zspear?
If someone is stupid enough to spend their tickets on Chinchompas which'll cost 3 tickets then let them be. They'll have a slight advantage but in the long run you're better off and Defenders, they do their job anyway. I do my job defending very well thank you very much. I know there'd be no point of me running to capture the flag since I lack superior armour so I stay where I am.

Van; "*Cough* Typical Teenager *Cough* "Cba to do that, I'd rather sit on my arse and do jack shit""

Owen wrote:I don't fully agree with that either, I know what you're saying, however, something I think you're overlooking is..
well, let's use slayer as the example. What benefit is there of getting 99 slayer now a days? The cape? Ok, cool, slayer is one of the nicest capes around, HOWEVER you will see many people walking around with them, which doesn't make you "stand out" in the crowd. Which to me anyway, is the purpose of getting the cape. The money? and have a level 113 come up with 2b/3 phats/20 santas or whatever saying "l0l i just staked 2b and won" after you've spent weeks getting 99 slayer, which you may have made.. 50m? if you're lucky.
If you enjoy slayer and respect it as a skill then you'll do it for whatever. Look at Dav, he still trains slayer regardless of people staking.

Owen wrote:Oh.. and P.s. For a new player logging into f2p, they'd be greeted by "BUY CHEAP GOLD AT RSGOLD.NET TROLOLOLOL ONLY 0.59$ PER 1 MILLION!@" pretty sure half of them would leave.

I'm pretty I'd still continue regardless but that's just me and you're just you, how would you know someone's reaction. Everybody has a different view.

31Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Est

Est
Invisible349 wrote:I liked it back when I hadn't discovered everything in RS.

32Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Owen

Owen
You're angry at a tactic people use? Or the Zspear?

I'm angry that they allow this tactic, since it is impossible to get past

Well once again Owen, the reason they have made more bosses is because it's what people wanted, they saw people killing a lot of KQ or KBD and decided people need more variety. I really don't see a problem with more bosses, I don't enjoy killing them myself but yes, they provide those 'PvM' kids entertainment.

I'm saying we need more. There's a choice of about.. 6? it doesn't take long to do all those and get bored of them.

If you enjoy slayer and respect it as a skill then you'll do it for whatever. Look at Dav, he still trains slayer regardless of people staking.

Yeah, but also a lot of people are looking for a reward at the end of doing it all, and all I can see is.. maybe 50m and a cape. (Slayer is a bad example because you make money >_>)

It seems we have different views as to what is up with RS.

Invisible349 wrote:I liked it back when I hadn't discovered everything in RS.

That's a valid point, but if they did reasonable updates, at least you would have a few things to check out per month.

33Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
They do give you a few new things to check out every month. But they can't put out an entire area each month so you are going to know the game like the back of your hand. Not even WoW does that, no game does.

34Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 am

Owen

Owen
Penguin414 wrote:They do give you a few new things to check out every month. But they can't put out an entire area each month so you are going to know the game like the back of your hand. Not even WoW does that, no game does.

I know they release things every month, but are they really worth even going to look at? I can't think of 3 in the past 6 months.

35Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
hmmm 6 months, *goes to look at the behind the scenes*

Ok, the things I have been interested in, in the last 6 months are:

• Gnome Graphical rework (February)
  • Elemental Workshop IV (March)
  • Ring of Wealth (March)
  • Livid Farm (April)
  • Clan Camp (April)
  • Holly and Hawthorn - Easter Event (April)
  • Capes of Distinction (May)
  • Lava Flow Mine (May)
  • Loyalty Rewards (June)
  • Troll Invasion (June)
  • Clan Citadels (July)
  • New Grand Exchange (August)
  • Temple Trekking rework (August)
  • Addition rewards for minigames (August)
  • Branches of Drakmeyer and graphics overhaul (August)

Those are the things I have been interested in, not to mention some of the other quests that have been released which I've done or the small tweaks that were done to dungeoneering or some of the other small improvements they made to things like left clicking monsters.

36Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:21 am

Owen

Owen

• Gnome Graphical rework (February) [Not interested in graphics, I don't think anyone who started rs originally is.]
  • Elemental Workshop IV (March) [I don't like quests]
  • Ring of Wealth (March) [Corp Glitch.]
  • Livid Farm (April) [Not interested enough to go and actally see what this is about]
  • Clan Camp (April) [Waste of space IMO. However, I like the concept.]
  • Holly and Hawthorn - Easter Event (April) [The easter event failed? >_> That's what I thought. Esp. the emote]
  • Capes of Distinction (May) [WOOHOO The first relatively interesting thing.]
  • Lava Flow Mine (May) [All i've heard/read about this, is that you get the mining armour for a 2.5% exp boost.]
  • Loyalty Rewards (June) [Lame.]
  • Troll Invasion (June) [Another way to boost skills without actually doing the skill! Is anyone ever going to Runecraft again?]
  • Clan Citadels (July) [Set the bars too high per tier, only favours the most popular clans get even bigger.]
  • New Grand Exchange (August) [Not that "epic" in the GRAND scheme of things (cwutididther) but yes, decent update.]
  • Temple Trekking rework (August) [I don't really care about Temple Trekking >_>]
  • Addition rewards for minigames (August) [These are great until you look at.. "Oh wait, 60k Runecrafting guild tokens for an armour that gives 2.5% extra xp?" Generally, I like these..]
  • Branches of Drakmeyer and graphics overhaul (August) [not released yet? >_>]

That sounds so negative what i've put >_>.. But that's how I feel.. so yeah.

Just for the sake of it, i'm going to compare that list, with the start of 2006.

• Mage Training Arena (January)
  • Agility Pyramid (January) *Then tweaked 3 days later*
  • 4 new worlds (February)
  • Fairy tale part 1 (February)
  • Chaos elemental/Dragon 2h's (February)
  • Pies (Garden/summer ect.) (February)
  • Recipe for Disaster (March)
  • 5 more words. (March)
  • Temple Treking released (March) [Ironically]
  • Pest control (April) *and then Adjusted 6 days later*
  • Rune essence adjustments (April) (TO TRY AND STOP BOTTING)
  • New Rsof. (April)
  • New and improved Game Engine. (May)
  • More Changes to Pest control (May)
  • Player Owned Houses (May)
  • 11 New worlds (May)
  • Pyramid Plunder (June)
  • Trouble Brewing (June)
  • Stronghold Security (June)
  • Fairy tale Part 2 (June)
  • Warriors guild (June)
  • Crossbows. (June)
  • Lunar Diplomacy (June)

Can you honestly say, The updates we're receiving now, are better than those mentioned above? What I found interesting, was that they actually tweaked the newly released content, which I haven't seen them do in a very long time(unless I missed something)

37Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Dude, most of the reasons you put for those updates you're just slack to do.
You're being way over antagonistic about this, quit being ignorant and try them before criticizing them.

38Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 am

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:Dude, most of the reasons you put for those updates you're just slack to do.
You're being way over antagonistic about this, quit being ignorant and try them before criticizing them.

I put I can't be bothered going to see what it's about, on 2/15 of them. >_>" That's because the feedback i've got from them, is that they suck; so why would I waste time going to look at them? <_<

Let me try and put it a different way..

Where in that list is the "New" content?
Ok, you could say.. Capes of distinction (which are actual content.)

But what else?

Clan camp? Clan citadels? The only things to come out of all of the clan updates, in my opinion are;
- Ability to kick people who aren't actually in the chat
- Clan capes/vexs.

The rest is just dead content?
(Oh, besides Group veng, and i'll ignore Lava flow mine, since I don't know much about it)

6 months is a long time for that amount of content.

39Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 am

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
You make it seem like they are releasing less updates these days because you put the full list of updates that came out for each month where as the list I have it only the things I am personally interested in. If I put up a full list of the last 6 months, it would be longer than the one in 2006.

And yeah, admittedly there was more content and useful updates in 2006, but they cant exactly release lunar diplomacy again can they after its already been released once?

Im not sure 11 new worlds, game engine changes or the extra changes to pest control because they messed up are exactly what you would call good updates either, so you can knock off at least 3 or 4 of those things off that list from 2006.

Trouble Brewing is hardly ever played these days and I don't think it has been since about 2007 when it started to go out of fashion. Same with things like Temple Trekking and Warriors Guild. The only time both of those have been used recently is because they have both had updates within the last year (dragon defender for warrior's guild, and new rewards for trekking).

You might not like Temple Trekking Owen, but its been improved by huge amounts. It has fairly decent rewards now and its content that wont end up dead after a few days which, from my memory, is what you complain about a lot of the time. Teleport to Burgh De Rot, That has to be the first time theres been a reward option to add to the teleports on the games necklace, unlimited Druid pouch, huge shortcuts through Mort Myre Swamp, These updates have the potential to significantly improve players travels through these areas.

For once, they update something that's been in need of an update for ages, and its actually turned out to have done better than expected. The number of players who are trekking on each world is vast.

It comes back down to points I've made and several others have also made, just because it's not something you are going to enjoy doesn't mean its a bad update, they have to accommodate for all different types of players these days.

I would personally prefer it if they completely removed the idea of people having defence pures, strength pures etc etc but they wont do it because they know people like to train and have accounts like this.

It's just something we have to deal with. You prefer to train combat Owen, the problem is, there are less combat involved skills than there are non combat involved. Therefore, its harder to release really good updates for combat related things because most of it has already been done up to the current time. For me, I don't like combat as much and prefer to do cheaper skills, I find it annoying how Nex gets released, theres all this new armour that looks cool, really expensive and hard to get a drop and therefore the odds on me getting it are very very low, But I live with it.

That's another point to add actually....Variety. I've already mentioned it a bit but maybe it needs a bit more detail. How do you know you don't like the new temple trekking? Have you tried it yet? Have you tried Artisans Workshop? Have you tried the Lava Flow Mine? If you aren't going to at least try things you won't know whether you enjoy it. I'm not a fan of combat, yet I seem to be rather addicted to Temple Trekking atm, which is, a combat related minigame at the end of the day. I didn't think I would like Dungeoneering because it requires so much combat, but...look at me now, 109 dungeoneering. I would never have known if I would like it or not until I tried it.

You can't really say an update is crap unless you've tried it. Not trying things and just saying they are crap is being arrogant, which goes back to the points we made earlier in the thread.

40Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 am

Owen

Owen
well, I only have a few minutes, so i'll answer as much as I can in that time;

- I didn't write the full list of updates, only the ones that looked to be actual-content or that improved the game in some way.

- Regarding Nex, I'll go back to my other point, in 2 (possibly 3 years), they've released 2 bosses. PvMers are a huge part of the community, but anyway.. not to get hung up on a point since I have limited time. [2 bosses in 3 years is a joke.]

- I don't have a problem with temple trekking, it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. With regards to the teleport to Burgh de rott, ect. You seem to be saying, if you do the minigame for a while, you'll improve the speed of travel around those areas. What's down there besides the minigame? Oh, and maybe barrows, which probably isn't worth doing anymore. Anyway, I understand that some people like that kind of thing, so i won't stay on it too long.

- The reason I put the world-updates on there, was because.. They added 16 new worlds, in 6 months, That was genuine game growth, and the demand was there for them to do that.. since bots we're probably still being run from windows 95 or something back then.

- No, I haven't tried them, I watched numerous videos on them though. that gives me a good enough picture of what it's about, for me to say I do or I don't like it.

One Question; Are you happy with the direction RuneScape is heading?

and on a different note.. i've been meaning to post this for a while, never got around to it;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol K Jagex. Check the 15,000 negative comments about RAF first. >_>

41Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Penguin414

Penguin414
Also I think you missed the Jadinko lair?

But as for 2006, let's break this down your way Owen:

Mage Training Arena (January) [Quite a few bots in here now, so it's just bot content]
Agility Pyramid (January) *Then tweaked 3 days later* [This is dead and terrible xp]
4 new worlds (February) [Unimportant really]
Fairy tale part 1 (February) [You don't like quests]
Chaos elemental/Dragon 2h's (February) [Does anyone even kill this now? Could be considered an 'Okay' update though I guess]
Pies (Garden/summer ect.) (February) [Just a way for people to boost their stats to do extra things without training the skill.]
Recipe for Disaster (March) [You don't like quests]
5 more words. (March) [again, unimportant]
Temple Treking released (March) [Sounds like you don't even play this, it was dead until the other week so useless (also the same, just a way to boost xp with lumberjack)]
Pest control (April) *and then Adjusted 6 days later* [Filled with bots now and just a way to get xp in skills without training them like you said]
Rune essence adjustments (April) (TO TRY AND STOP BOTTING) [Obviously didn't work]
New Rsof. (April) [If I recall, nobody liked this update]
New and improved Game Engine. (May) [I guess this is good, but it's not a content update]
More Changes to Pest control (May) [same as above]
Player Owned Houses (May) [so this is why the use these months, to get the only big update in 06, these are basically dead other than going to your house to tele, train prayer or train con. Might aswell have made a new building where you could do that.]
11 New worlds (May) [Same as above...]
Pyramid Plunder (June) [You probably don't like this, like temple treking, it's also just bots now except after the update a few weeks ago]
Trouble Brewing (June) [Completely dead now]
Stronghold Security (June) [Filled with hundreds of bots in F2P and made every player feel like they were 3 and being told how to use the internet]
Fairy tale Part 2 (June) [You don't like quests]
Warriors guild (June) [Only useful for the defenders, and basically nobody used the rune defender, it was only good for the dragon one.]
Crossbows. (June) [Decent update]
Lunar Diplomacy (June) [You don't like quests]

So basically here is a summary of what you said about this year:

"Not interested"
"I don't like quests"
The only thing I look for is bugs/glitches
"Not interested"
"All i've heard/read about this, is that you get the mining armour for a 2.5% exp boost." <- You never even went there so you can't really say anything about it.
"Lame."
"Another way to boost skills without actually doing the skill!" These happen every year, and as I pointed out, several in 06.

So basically what you said was you don't care, you're not interested, you don't like the ENTIRE category (quests [which make up a large portion of the game]) and you can't be bothered even going to see what it is. So basically you are judging updates you have never tested yourself. I find that hardly fair.

42Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Owen

Owen
-Sigh-
Do I really need to go down this route..

Are you all saying, that all of the mentioned updates, are good and improving the game?

[Yes, I know I was being negative in my views, but that's how I feel about the updates.]

43Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Vanilla990

Vanilla990
Owen wrote:
One Question; Are you happy with the direction RuneScape is heading?

Answer:

Yes.

I'll list my reasons in bullet points to break them down.

• Graphics: A lot of players from various MMO's will always compare games upon graphics "WoW has better graphics than the rest", "Pirate Galaxy has great graphics compared to others". I think it is highly reasonable that JAGEX are spending the time to drastically improve the graphics of the game. With Console game reviews its always "CoD Black Ops 9/10", "Operation Flashpoint 8/10". These reviews are based on graphics as well as game play. To me, my dad has both of these, I don't think the graphics of it are that good on them. The graphics that JAGEX are managing to add to Runescape is great seeing as it has to be done through Java rather than a personal game engine. There are still limits with Java that a lot of games are struggling to get past but JAGEX are trying to push them to the limit to make the game look the best it can. I am very pleased with the graphical situation of the game at the moment and think that once the entire map has been done, it should add a new depth to game play that we don't yet see.

• Content: Yeah, maybe the content this year so far hasn't been as exciting as 2006 but thats not the point. Some of the updates from this year have been adding and expanding to those released back in 2006. Adding more scenarios to minigames, adding new magic spells. Yeah, fine a lot of the updates this year have been graphic/audio related but I've mentioned about that above. The updates that are actually content haven't been to bad. Jadinko lair sounds like a fairly decent place to train a variety of skills, combat and non-combat ones. It also sounds like its been a successful update from the feedback I have heard about it. Lava Flow Mine, You won't find several hundred people doing this on every world, but its a nice way to train mining fast if you don't like the atmosphere at LRC, I personally think this content is alright, yeah, its not going to be massively used but it's been added for variety. Artisans Workshop, once again, it was added to give Smithers a different way to train. I haven't done a lot of it myself but from feedback I've read, it seems like a fairly decent bit of content, it could do with a few improvements by the sounds of it, but nonetheless, those who have tried it enough think it was a good update. Without new content being added, the game would die and I think the content that is being added is acceptable.

• Quests: Some of this years quests haven't been the best but you have to write new quests based upon the current storyline and lore of the game. Not to mention that you have to avoid conflict between any other quests that are in the pipeline. I was a bit dissapointed that the Slug Queen died from a pillar falling on her but I liked the way the quest worked. I liked the mechanics of having to control the other characters along with your own to complete the puzzles and I look forward to seeing that mechanism being used more often. I suppose you could say we are lacking the Grand Master quest for this year, you would be right, but there is no need for JAGEX to release massive quests every single year, yeah, there seems to be a big hype about ROTM based upon the fact that the community found out about it as soon as it started being designed. Nonetheless, I think the overall content of the quests that have been released so far has been very good.

• Experience: I think the overall game play experience has drastically improved over the last 2 years. Obviously there are some positives and negatives but I genuinely feel that its been on the up. Yeah, if your a free player there is a huge problem of RWT advertisments and bots but if you ignore that, I feel the free player experience has been getting better. No longer do the graphics of Lumbridge look square and incredibly old, when you finish the induction quest and you appear in Lumbridge, you are greeted by nice graphics, and what looks like a pleasant village. First thoughts to a new player would be "This place looks quite nice, I'm going to check out some of the other areas". Moving on to members, yes there is a large number of bots that seem to be infesting a rather large amount of places but it's like people have been pointing out. For everytime that JAGEX ban 1 bot, the chances are another 3 brand new accounts have been created by the owner to start botting again. The problem is not necessarily stopping the bots but encouraging people not to bot, that way, less botting accounts are being created and they can gain control on the problem. Bots also help keep the prices of things in the grand exchange where they need to be. Look at the number of people who train prayer for example, the number of bones being brought each day is a very large number? What would happen without any bots to collect those bones? The price of bones would rise up to well over 8k each. These promotional offers haven't exactly been the best way to promote the game but I'm not sure it can be helped. The reason for the Katana was to try and show members as well as free players that these 90 days exist and can be picked up from a large number of shops these days for what is a reasonable price to pay for membership compared to other MMO games. The refer a friend is a fairly poor attempt at trying to encourage new players to play. Yeah, it does favour bots, yes, they could have introduced something similar with different rewards instead and I wish they would have. I've already encourage the majority of my friends to play this game, a lot of them have accounts, but will only log on for seasonal events and such these days because they have lost interest or found other games on the market. I honestly think that setting aside the problem that bots are taking a while to be dealt with, I think game play experience is on the up.

44Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Owen

Owen
Mr V wrote:I think the content that is being added is acceptable.

That's mainly my point about content, Yes, some people may enjoy it, but I would argue that content should be aimed at the masses. Ignore Temple Trekking for a second which seems to be successful for the time being, The content that's being added isn't "Great" As you said, it's "Acceptable", "Acceptable" isn't good enough to compete with the other games out there, at the moment. Which is one of the reasons why RuneScape is losing players, and fast. The "big" "hyped up" update of the year, was Clan Citadels.. Are they for the masses? No. Look at Global Chat for example, we have 95? members, and we can't reach tier 3. [Yes, maybe we could just about do it if everyone collected resources], But that's 95 players that can't get to tier 7. In order to do so, we'd have to go and join a larger clan. Anyway, that's digressing. >_>

Graphics - Yeah, Jagex are doing a good job and what not. However, that leads onto why are they sticking to Java, when they could achieve better results, and probably better gameplay when moving on. [Just my opinion]

Mr V wrote:
No longer do the graphics of Lumbridge look square and incredibly old, when you finish the induction quest and you appear in Lumbridge, you are greeted by nice graphics, and what looks like a pleasant village. First thoughts to a new player would be "This place looks quite nice, I'm going to check out some of the other areas".

Oh, and a gold spamming bot saying "GOTO THIS SITE AND BUY 10M for only $5.90!"

Mr V wrote:
For everytime that JAGEX ban 1 bot, the chances are another 3 brand new accounts have been created by the owner to start botting again.

Yes, ofcourse that's going to happen, but Jagex aren't banning any bots. Or at least, not appear to be. I've tracked 2 bots, reported them everyday for like 3 days now, and nothing has happened. They've gained about 6m range xp between them. (One is at 48M range xp)

Just my view.

45Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
You cannot rid bots. In any MMO, it's impossible.

46Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:You cannot rid bots. In any MMO, it's impossible.

I know, but they could at least control it. At least 60% of the people online at the moment are bots.

47Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Though sometimes I ponder if the bot problem was as bad as before the Wilderness and Free Trade removal.

48Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Owen

Owen
Warillusen wrote:Though sometimes I ponder if the bot problem was as bad as before the Wilderness and Free Trade removal.

Ofcourse it wasn't, but there was a Q & A with Jagex where someone asked something along the lines of..

"Do you have the capacity to cope with the additional bots that are inevitably going to come along with free trade?"

They said yes.

49Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:13 am

Moto

Moto
My input: It would be VERY easy to eliminate the amount of bots that there are; not stop botting completely, as that's near impossible, but significantly decrease the numbers. Will they do this? No. Why? Money.

In the past Jagex used to have awesome updates that most players looked forward to. Now, most updates are crap.

-gets list Owen posted before-

- Gnome Graphical rework (February) [I actually like these mini-graphical updates]
- Elemental Workshop IV (March) [Another one?]
- Ring of Wealth (March) [-sigh-]
- Livid Farm (April) [-]
- Clan Camp (April) [Like the fact you can customize your clan more (by the way, where did the air altar go? >.>)]
- Holly and Hawthorn - Easter Event (April) [Lol]
- Capes of Distinction (May) [Fine]
- Lava Flow Mine (May) [2.5% - Really?]
- Loyalty Rewards (June) ['Big Cheese Moto' - Nuff said. I like some of the new emotes, but again, another marketing scheme]
- Troll Invasion (June) [We have enough of these]
- Clan Citadels (July) [Was actually looking forward to this update, but Jagex had to fuck it up.]
- New Grand Exchange (August) [A NICE UPDATE]
- Temple Trekking rework (August) [Why waste time on this shit when you can be fixing bots? Or adding something USEFUL to the game]
- Addition rewards for minigames (August) [Waste 200 hours of your life to get something that will give you 2.5% XP in a skill (I don't really know how long it takes) - I wouldn't even spend 10 hours for a 2.5% XP bonus.]
- Branches of Drakmeyer and graphics overhaul (August) [Haven't heard of it, haven't been on]

So, this is my byebye until 'Insight Venture Partners' say byebye. Guild Wars 2 - Here I fucking come.

BYEBYE!

50Death of runescape discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of runescape discussion Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:51 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Another opinion based assumptions and implications.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum