Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

276Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30 am

Owen

Owen
Penguin414 wrote:
There already exists 06/07 versions of the game that are not run by Jagex that have been quite sucessful, (with thousands of players online at once), but yet, nothing has happened to the current RS community. You're honestly making this out to be a much bigger problem then it is.

I know that, I used to own one. <_<

What i'm saying is.. The vote is pointless, if they wanted a community vote, they'd including the entire community not just a count of how many people actually want this, there's already been a petition with 50k+ votes on it.

Also, what i'm saying is that they're collecting the wrong data because IF RS2007 grew larger than current rs, what is going to be their plan? They shouldn't be offering a tiered vote because it's just simply flawed. (in my opinion at least)

This is just my opinion again, but Why are they doing a head count rather than collecting data to minimise risk? Unless you believe there is no risk to the current game; i'm not going to try and convince you otherwise, i've made my point on this pretty clear.

Yes, sure I don't play anymore? what does that have to do with anything? isn't this update directly targeted at me? >_> Yet, Jagex don't want my feedback, since I have no viable way of giving it to them; besides buying membership to give feedback- why would I do that exactly?

This issue is so dragged out now <_< not that I really mind, I feel I have justification of my thoughts.

edit;

Yes, the community asked for a pre-eoc server, Jagex responded with "It's not possible." on multiple occasions, now they're contemplating letting members play for an additional membership cost - because that makes business sense it's suddenly possible and viable? It's a viable way to make money, Jagex aren't thinking about the community side of things in the slightest; yet everyone believes they are.

277Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:47 am

Hans

Hans
Stop saying they said it wasn't possible until people were willing to pay, you say that in every post.
They looked thoroughly before finding the 2007 backup. People asked for 2011 backups but that's not possible as after Aug 07 they changed the backup system completely. People also asked for 2006 more than 2007 but they have no backups of 2006.
Also, if there are enough votes, RS07 will be free, completely free.

100k votes for yes and 200k votes for no should not result in a 'no' answer. Those 200k people just ignore the RS07 server.
Jagex set the vote goals based on the number of members, they aren't just random numbers, they do have meaning. Just stop fighting it.
There's no way it will become more popular than the current game. And there will be no active updates to RS07.

I just voted, afterwards when the page refreshed the count went up by 1k. I hit refresh a minute later and it went up another 1k.

https://www.youtube.com/Runelair

278Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:58 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Can we vote now?

279Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 am

Owen

Owen
Hans wrote:
There's no way it will become more popular than the current game. And there will be no active updates to RS07.

I'll hold you to those words. Tongue

Also, it's only completely free with 750,000 votes- There's like 500,000 members currently including bots- assuming 50% at least are bots, if everyone voted you're still only at 250,000 votes. The chance of getting 500k+ votes is so unlikely.

280Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 am

Shad

Shad
How do you know how many members there are Owen?

Owen IS Mmg.

281Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 am

Owen

Owen
Hiscores. Fairly sure they added f2p accounts back on there though, so I guessed.

edit; feel free to correct me.

edit2; If you goto the end of the hiscores there's about 1.8m accounts on there;

I don't believe they're all members.

Oh, and another edit.. I guess why not;

you have to get to about 700,000 before any accounts have more than the base xp, and pick a skill that's not botted(Hard to do I know, I picked summoning, because why would bots train summoning, maybe they do I dunno) but there's only 400k accounts with 15+ summoning. Educated guess work though, that's all it is. Just like Jagex's poll, see how ineffective this is? <_<

282Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 am

Owen

Owen
This guy makes a good point too.

GuruWatson wrote:Simon no disrespect but there is no reason for not voting, even if you wont play it can you atleast vote for the people that do because it will not even effect you

can't believe that came from a youtube comment, but meh.

Also, there's now an intensive for voting, if you vote you get a free month of RS2007.

Are you seriously saying this is an unbiased voting system? <_<

283Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 am

Warillusen

Warillusen
Owen, god of double posting without even aplogising.

BREAKING THE ONLY RULE OF SPAM THREAD, seriously Owen, what the fuck.

284Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 am

Owen

Owen
I edited my previous post like 5 times, I deserved that double post. <_<

285Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 am

Hans

Hans
Hiscores are members only.
There are 1,841,814 members. They said they would keep that number a secret but good thinking with the hiscores idea.
Even though there's usually less than 100k players online at the same time, the unique player count last week was over 8M.

Even if half of the members were bots, which I don't think is accurate, there are enough players to vote. And I think a lot of people with bot accounts will use them to vote as well. And people who want this bad enough will purchase membership on other accounts just to vote.

It will make it.

Even so, 500k votes is free to members. Screw f2p.

286Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:05 am

Owen

Owen
Hans wrote:Hiscores are members only.
There are 1,841,814 members. They said they would keep that number a secret but good thinking with the hiscores idea.
Even though there's usually less than 100k players online at the same time, the unique player count last week was over 8M.

Even if half of the members were bots, which I don't think is accurate, there are enough players to vote. And I think a lot of people with bot accounts will use them to vote as well. And people who want this bad enough will purchase membership on other accounts just to vote.

It will make it.

Even so, 500k votes is free to members. Screw f2p.

You can get 2 accounts 1 months' membership for 2$ now using recruit a friend.

You can have 2 weeks free membership without having to do anything.

I'd say 50% is a massive underestimate of the amount of bots. In my opinion it's at least 65-70%, the amount of smurf accounts probably takes that figure up to 80-90%; I'm just having an educated guess though. Feel free to disagree.

I was sceptical at first of not being able to get to 500k, but since you can get free membership i'm expecting a bot to do all the work. YAY for another reason for this poll to be completely worthless.

287Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:32 am

Cyrus44

Cyrus44
fucking smurf accounts on runescape

288Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 am

Owen

Owen
Gotta get dat 10% or whatever bonus xp for howeverlong.

289Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Shad

Shad
Mmg wrote:Please be aware that only proper members, and not trialists, can vote.

290Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:01 pm

невидимый

невидимый
I had a dream where myself and several other men and women were being held captive in a large house in the middle of nowhere by some psychopath guy. After realising that he was killing people off one by one, I went looking for a weapon to defend myself. I ended up finding an assault rifle (a G36, I'm sure of it) in his private bathroom and went to confront him. After a long conversation, he ended up pulling out a pistol so I shot him dead. Unfortunately, the rest of the captives had developed somewhat of a Stockholm Syndrome and they all turned on me when the news spread. The last I remember was beating the large black guy in the face with the empty rifle as he crushed my leg in half; him taking little notice.

291Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Hans

Hans
невидимый wrote:I had a dream where myself and several other men and women were being held captive in a large house in the middle of nowhere by some psychopath guy. After realising that he was killing people off one by one, I went looking for a weapon to defend myself. I ended up finding an assault rifle (a G36, I'm sure of it) in his private bathroom and went to confront him. After a long conversation, he ended up pulling out a pistol so I shot him dead. Unfortunately, the rest of the captives had developed somewhat of a Stockholm Syndrome and they all turned on me when the news spread. The last I remember was beating the large black guy in the face with the empty rifle as he crushed my leg in half; him taking little notice.

Get help Invis.

292Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Warillusen

Warillusen
Honestly, that sounds pretty straightforward and ordinary dream.

293Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Est

Est
Just found out Princess is Wari, thought there was a new general around

294Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Shad

Shad
There is. His name is невидимый.

295Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Owen

Owen
Shad wrote:
Mmg wrote:Please be aware that only proper members, and not trialists, can vote.

Well, you can still get 2 votes for 2$.

296Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm

невидимый

невидимый
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Come and soak in the bliss.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

297Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:30 am

Hans

Hans
Who from here will be playing RS07? It would be cool to have everyone doing something different and helping each other.
Someone mining for someone else to smith for everybody's armour, someone woodcutting for someone else to fletch for everybody's bows and alching, someone runecrafting etc.

no lrc, Invis go granite mining.
no ivy, War go willow cutting.

This update could help Global Chat.

298Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

Fidde

Fidde
I'll most likely join in on the '07 action, because it does seem fun to start from scratch like the old times.

299Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 am

Owen

Owen
I doubt I will, if I do it'll be dependant on how Jagex implements certain things.

300Spam Thread -  - Page 12 Empty Re: Spam Thread - Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 am

Penguin414

Penguin414
Owen wrote:I'd say 50% is a massive underestimate of the amount of bots. In my opinion it's at least 65-70%, the amount of smurf accounts probably takes that figure up to 80-90%; I'm just having an educated guess though. Feel free to disagree.

I was sceptical at first of not being able to get to 500k, but since you can get free membership i'm expecting a bot to do all the work. YAY for another reason for this poll to be completely worthless.

Let me get this straight, are you trying to say that 65-70% of all members accounts are bots? I just find that to be an interesting "educated guess".

When it comes to this update, what do you want them to do?
Everyone complained in the wilderness vote when everyone could vote because it was too easy to get around.
So now Jagex put restriction on voting, to allow for the people that -actually pay- to vote for what happens with the situation you're still not satisfied.
As I said, they can't have 07 non member account to vote, because that would lead to just as much crap because people like me still have 5+ f2p accounts that they made ages ago that they can use to cast more votes.
Nothing will -EVER- be perfect.

And now you're even saying there is a chance you might play the game because of the update that you are so strongly against?

I just honestly don't understand any more.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum